Chapter 5

Anna
***
The Forming of Friendships, Enemies, and Love- Part 3

So James just asked me to go to the diner to prove to me that their diner here is better than back home. Honestly I think I will win this argument, because who will be able to beat my diner's cheesy burger with cheesy nachos, fries, and cheesy onion rings. As you can see I will win this one, I mean for godsake the name of the diner is 'Cheesy Diner'. If only I could show James the diner back home, how I miss back home.

James told me to go to Clark's house first since he is there taking care of Clark because apparently Clark fainted and because of that I will bring one of my homemade brownies to his home.

I knocked at the heavy wooden door of Clark's house and then the door opens and I am greeted by a pair of green eyes and big smile. James.

"Anna! Come in." James said and I was a bit surprised considering this is not his home but Mrs. Grant's instead. James closed the door behinds us and I studied the house and it was actually kind of big. After studying the house I turned to James and he was looking at me and I did nothing but smile.

We stood there smiling at each other for 10 seconds when James finally spoke up, "Is that brownies?" he pointed to the container in my hands.

"Oh, um yeah." I said handing him the container and he opened it and dramatically closed his eyes and lifting the container to his nose and inhaled the scent.

He opened his eyes then smiled at me, "These smells really good." He chuckles and I chuckled as well.

"Mind if I eat one?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"No, not at all." I said and he immediately gets one from the container and eats it in one bite. He dramatically savors the brownie and smiled at me.

"It is really good, did you made them?" he said in a muffle voice.

I pursed my lips the nodded, "Yeah, I learned from my.....um, Cooking Class yeah." I said hoping my lie is not that visible. But if ever James noticed it he just nodded and told me it was so delicious and that I should keep bringing next time.

James leads me upstairs and we stopped in front of a door that is plain white and doesn't seem to have any decorations on it, except for a letter 'C' neatly carved into the door.

James rubs his hands together and looks at me, "Ok, just a heads up, Clark is very, um, let us say Grumpy right now so whatever he might say to you he might not mean it. Ok?" He said and I confusedly nodded and he nods back.

He opens the door slowly at first but then fully opens it. And it seems the room is empty except for the sound of water running inside the closed bathroom door.

"Clark?" James called out.

"Brushing my teeth dude!" Clark answers from inside the bathroom and Just sat down on the couch in front of the tv. Clark's room has black walls and his bed is plain white with a white comforter. And also the room is unsurprisingly clean, I mean I kind of expected it would be clean.

James sat down at the edge of Clark's bed and opened the television when the door to the bathroom clicks and Clark comes out.