• real life •

November 9 2016

"Hey do you guys want to go out today?" Weslyn asked the two girls who were sitting on the couch.

"I would but I work a night shift tonight which starts in 3 hours" Savanna says getting up from the couch and heading to her room.

"How about you Ella?" Wes asked taking Savanna's spot.

"Sure I have sometime to kill" Ella says getting up from the couch.

"Oh wait" Ella remembered something.

"What?" Weslyn asked.

"I have to babysit Ms Young's kids today" Ella said.

"Ms Young?? Isn't she the lady you accidentally hit on the head with your shoe?" Weslyn said.

"Hey in my defence I was aiming at you" Ella said as Weslyn sat there offended.

"Yeah so I promised her that I would babysit her kids today while she runs a couple of errands" Ella grabbed her keys.

"I'll be back in a little, order some Chinese food in the meantime!" Ella said leaving the apartment.

Ms Young's house wasn't really that far away from Ella's apartment.

Ella knocked on the door a couple of times before someone answered.

"Hello Ella!! You're an hour early" Ms Young said looking at the clock.

"Well I kinda made some plans so I thought that I would come now" Ella said as she entered the house.

"Well Ellie and Roger are in the living room watching some cartoons and Clara isn't back from school yet" Ms Young says as she grabbed her purse.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours" Ms Young said as the Young's eldest child barged in.

"I HATE SCHOOL!!" Clara said.

"Clara you remember Ella?" Ella waved at Clara as she gave Ella the death glare.

"Yeah I remember you, you have the hot boyfriend?" Clara said as Ella nodded.

"Well she's going to be here for a bit while I go out" Ms Young said.

"Oh mom the sprinkler on the lawn is broken" Clara pointed out as she walked out of the room.

"Shit I had someone fix it last week" Mrs Young mumbled.

"I can fix it for you" Ella offered.

"You're a life saver" Mrs Young said.

"The toolbox is in the garage" Mrs Young said before leaving the house.

Ella checked on the kids before grabbing the toolbox.

"Clara please watch your siblings while I fix the sprinkler" Ella ordered Clara.

"No" Clara sasses back.

"I'll give you $5" Ella held up a $5 bill.

"Deal" Ella hands Clara the money as she grabs the toolbox and heads to the front lawn.

She places the toolbox down and takes a look at the sprinkler.

She grabbed the hammer and starts pounding on it.

What was she thinking?? She doesn't know how to fix this.

All of a sudden the top of the sprinkler comes off and water starts spraying in Ella's face.

"Shit" She mumbled as she struggled to turn it off.

Across the street Auston, William and Mitch were walking home from practice.

"Ha look at that girl covered in water struggling to turn off the sprinkler" Auston said as he and William laughed.

Mitch noticed it was Ella right away.

"Hold my bag and meet me back at the apartment" Mitch said as he gave Auston his bag.

Mitch ran across the street to the house.

"Need help?" Mitch asked as Ella looks up.

"Yes please" Ella said as Mitch grabs the hammer and slams it on the sprinkler making it stop.

"Thanks" Ella says wiping the water off her face.

"Mitch can you do me a favour and get me some clothes?" Ella asked Mitch.

"Sure" Mitch said as they both had a moment.

They smiled at each other before Mitch walked away.

Inside the house Clara managed to go up to her room and picked up her cellphone.

"Hello, the plan worked" Clara said to the phone.

"Excellent" Savanna said on the other line.