Chapter 34

Jonathan's POV

Two days had past since Sydney left and Evan's back with hanging out with us again. Somehow, Luke and him keep on arguing while I'm between them.

"Can you let him go?" Luke said while glaring at Evan who's arms were around my shoulder.

"Why should I? He's not complaining." He answered as we continue walking the hallway.

"Because he's shy to tell you himself so I'm telling it myself now Back. Off." He spatted and keep on glaring. Evan glare back and now they're having a glaring contest.

"No." He simply answered.

Then, Craig pulled me out between them and put his hand on my waist.

"Boys calm down. Both of you let him go and don't touch him understand?" He said in a scary voice. The two gulp and nodded and keep a distance as we walk towards the cafeteria. We found the others already sitting and sit with them. We started to have a normal conversation when Evan's phone started to ring. We quiet down a bit as he answer it.

"Hello?" He said. We couldn't hear what the other person was saying but then he suddenly frown.

"M-mom... slo-calm down! I can't-wait... what?" I watch as his face suddenly fell.

"Alright. I'll be there." He said and ended the call. We watch as he sigh heavily and muttered something under his breath then stood up.

"I have to leave guys, there's an... emergency." He trailed off the last part. We understand and he bid his goodbye and left the cafeteria. I wanted to ask what he and his parents talk about but I don't want him to think that I'm a nosy person so I held back my voice. What's going on Evan that you're not telling me?

Evan's POV

I left the school after my parent called me and told me that they have some news to me that I have to go home. I know what it is. They already found out. I guess Sydney couldn't do anything else but atleast she tried. I'm curious on what they'll gonna do after they found out.

I parked my car once I arrive at our house and enter. I quickly saw my parents in the living room with my mom crying on my father's shoulder. They look up once they felt my presence and my mom quickly hugged me. Even though I don't pretty much like them, they're still my parents and I can't bear seeing them like this, especially my mom.

"Oh Evan, we're so sorry." My mom said between her sobs. It hurts me seeing her like this and I wipe away the tears in her cheeks.

"Sorry for what?" I asked and play along.

"All of our money were gone and it's all our fault. If we read the contract first, this wouldn't happen! Now, all our hardship has come to waste." She answered. My father caress her back to calm her down.

"We trusted easily and became careless. We're too passive on our surroundings and we didn't know that our own enemies were our partners." Dad said with a sad tone.

"Well... what are we going to do now?" I asked them as I sit beside my mother.

"We decided to sell this house then move back to Canada and start over."

My eyes widen on what I just heard.

"Move back? We can't!" I objected and stood up.

"It's our only choice son. I don't have any ideas."

"B-but what about my schooling? My friends? I'm gonna leave them behind?" I tried to reason out.

"We're gonna send your school a letter of transferring and find another school on Canada. You can still chat with your friends via skype."

"But still I couldn't hang out with them anymore! Chat isn't enough!"

My father sigh as he look at me sad.

"I know it's hard to accept this but we have to leave. It's either a miracle happen where our money will get back or we earn it again."

I only look down at my feet and felt my eyes heating. I'm gonna cry again.

I'm so weak.

"Go start packing now. After two days we'll leave. I'll let you hang with your friends tomorrow if you want." My mother said with a sad smile. I nodded without looking up and start walking to my room. Once I enter my room, I locked it and started to sob and bury my face on my pillow.

I'll leave them behind. I'll leave him behind.

______________________________________

Can you guess how many chapters this story will have? :)