Chapter 38

Jonathan's POV

I woke up laying on my bed and I jolt up calling his name.

"Evan!" I yelled while looking around my room.

"Hey, calm down. I'm right here." He said. I look beside me and saw him sitting up. I hug him, making him lay back down the bed.

"I thought I'm just dreaming." I said and goes to pinch him if it's real and I hear him wince in pain.

"Ow!"

I let go and stare at him.

"I wasn't dreaming."

He goes to massage his cheeks that I pinch.

"Does my presence not enough to prove that you're not dreaming?" He asked and continue massaging his cheeks.

I look down and feel the tears forming up again. I let out a sob as I lay down and face my back towards him so he won't see me cry. He tries to look at me but I cover my face with my pillow.

"Hey. Everything's fine. Stop crying please." He muttered while rubbing my back. It calms me and I remove the pillow. I look at him and he's smiling down at me.

"Better?"

I nodded and hug his waist while I'm laying. I almost lost him.

After a while, my stomach seek for attention so I suggest to went down and we saw Craig cooking for dinner. After we eat, I offered Evan to stay the night. He said yes. I never want him to leave my side. Never.

"You know, you have to say sorry to Tyler right?" I said while playing with his hair as he lay on my stomach. He sigh and nodded.

"To all of them. I did horrible." He uttered and his eyes started to become sleepy.

"I know." I said.

[The next day]

"Do I have to go to school today? I mean, I could start next week." He reasoned out. I shake my head in disapproval.

"No. It will only make things worse."

He sighed for the last time before nodding his head and getting his car keys. Craig already left with Tyler earlier and Evan hides in my room the whole time while Tyler was downstairs.

I went outside and enter his car then we left. His hands were shaking while it tightly grip on the stirring wheel. I put my hand above his and he slightly flinch by my action but soon calms down. I hold his hand until we made it at the school. He parked the car and I was about to let go when he tightly hold my hand. I look at him and the fear was visible in his eyes as he stare at the building in front of us.

"Hey, I'm here. There's nothing to worry about."

He look at me with hesitation and open his mouth to speak but we heard the bell ring.

"We should hurry before they mark us as absent." He said and we run towards our room. We made it and I was about to open the door when he stopped me. I look at him in confusion. I was about to ask why but he open it himself and walk inside.

"Sorry for being late sir." He spoke and sit. I followed while bowing my head and muttering my apology. The prof let it pass and start the class. I look at Tyler and David and they have a shock face to see Evan sitting with us. Evan on the other hand, just keep his head down and avoiding any eye contact with anyone.

The class end and Tyler exited the room but before he left, I could feel that he wants to approach Evan but held himself and left without a word spoken. David just watch him the whole time and also not talking.