Chapter Thirteen

Jungkook hadn't seen Jimin at all that day, and because of what had happened between them the night before, he was worried that he might be avoiding him. After lunch, he decides to ask someone where he is, since a doctor or nurse would know better than he would. "Dr. Song, can I ask you something?" he asks as he's getting help transferring to a chair in the common room.

"Sure, Jungkook. What do you need to ask me?"

"What happened to Park Jimin?"

Dr. Song stiffens momentarily. "I can't discuss other patients. I'm sorry."

Jungkook feels a pull on his heart. He feels his rage level rising, but he channels it into sexual energy. He'll have a boner for awhile, but at least he can jack off later. Finally calmed down again, he asks contritely, "Can you at least tell me if he's okay?"

"He is okay. You don't need to worry." Dr. Song's smile is genuine but strained as he pats Jungkook on the shoulder. He turns to walk away, signaling the end of the conversation. Jungkook sighs as he reaches for the puzzle box in the center of the table and glances at the picture on the box. It's a hot air balloon on a white background, and there is what looks like a group of people in the basket, looking incredibly happy. Jungkook dumps some of the pieces out as a memory comes to mind.

He and Jimin were in their sophomore and junior years of high school, respectively, and staying at Jimin's grandparents' house for Spring Break since it was close to the beach. There was some kind of hot air balloon festival going on the same time they were there. They'd see them flying high in the sky when they were on the boardwalk, in the house, and even when they were at the park near Jimin's grandparents' house.

"Jimin, Jimin, look!" Jungkook's eyes lit up with excitement as he and his friend were in the back of Jimin's truck after literally having sex on the beach. The older looked to where the younger was pointing to see a hot air balloon flying particularly low over the ocean. It was beautiful; shades of blue, purple, and green with a basket interwoven with rainbow-colored ribbons.

"We should knock it down," Jimin murmured.

Jungkook whipped his head to look at the older. "What?!"

"Look, Kookie. There's no one in it. So there would be no harm in knocking it down, right?" What Jimin didn't tell Jungkook was that there was, in fact, a person in the basket. Two people, actually. Looked like a young couple. But Jungkook hadn't seen them before they'd sat or laid down in the basket. "C'mon, it'll be fun~"

Jungkook thought for a moment. He supposed it would be pretty cool, and he could practically picture the fluttering of the pretty colors mixing with the sunset. And he never said no to Jimin "Okay, we should look for some rocks!" He sprung up from his seat quickly, causing the truck to wobble, and put his boxers back on. Jimin followed more slowly, wincing with the effort of getting up, because the younger had fucked him particularly hard. He smirked to himself as he put his own boxers back on as well as his pants.

"Jungkook-ah, put your shorts back on!" He threw them at the younger, who caught them with ease and stepped into them within seconds.

"Thanks, hyung! Look, there are rocks over here!" He dashed off out of sight, and Jimin winced as he followed him. Sure enough, there was a plethora of rocks in various shapes and sizes.

"Perfect." The two young men gathered rocks in their arms before running back out to the beach proper. Thankfully, the balloon was still in sight. "On the count of three, we both throw. One, two, three!" Each boy let a rock fly. Jimin's missed it by just a little, and Jungkook's grazed one of the ribbons hanging down. They threw again, and this time, Jungkook's rock hit the balloon. Jimin's hit one of the ropes holding the basket up. The third time, both rocks hit the balloon itself. "Look, Jungkook-ah!" Jimin pointed excitedly as the balloon started deflating.