Chapter Sixteen

Y'all, there's A LOT in this chapter. Angst, graphic depictions of murder and self-harm, and smut~  

"Why do you have a shit-eating grin on your face?" Yoongi's eyebrow is raised as Seokjin walks through the door later that afternoon. He sets aside the song he was working on so he can lean forward and study his housemate's face. "Something happened. What did you do?"

Seokjin plops down on the couch next to Yoongi. "I didn't do anything." His voice sounds purely innocent, but the look on his face speaks volumes of debauchery and temptation.

"Lies and slander. I know you, hyung. Spill the beans or I'll assume the worst."

"Alright, alright." Seokjin holds his hands up in surrender, and then he runs them through his hair, lightly tousling the dark locks on his head. "Namjoon kissed me today." Saying the words out loud makes him grin like a dork before he realizes what he's doing. Seeing the look on Yoongi's face makes his grin disappear. "What?"

Yoongi sighs deeply before speaking. "I don't want him to hurt you, hyung."

"He said something before we kissed, though. He told me that he wants me to help him, and for the first time in a really long time, he wants to be helped." He places a hand on Yoongi's knee. "I'm getting through to him, Yoongi-yah. Finally, I'm getting through."

Seeing the earnest look on his hyung's face makes Yoongi bite back the argument he wants to make. His smile is strained as he places his hand over Seokjin's. "Just be careful. Please."

"Don't worry! I'll be okay. I will be careful, I promise." Seokjin squeezes Yoongi's leg before standing up to go to his room. Yoongi isn't so sure, but he lets his housemate go do his thing while he goes back to working on his song.

Seokjin, meanwhile, can't stop replaying the kiss in his mind. Namjoon's lips had felt so good against his, so right, like they were made to kiss him and only him. But this is crazy. He can't have these kinds of thoughts about a mentally unstable man who raped and killed countless women. But, he said he wanted to get better with Seokjin's help. That's got to count for something. He lets that thought rest and lets his mind wander, and he finds it easier to imagine what it would feel like to have Namjoon fucking him into oblivion.

The more his thoughts wander, the more he feels his pants tightening, and just when he's about to give in to it, there's a knock on the door. "Yes?"

"Hyung, you left your phone out here and it's rung a few times now." Yoongi's voice is slightly muffled, and then Seokjin's phone starts ringing again.

"Oh, I'm coming." Seokjin opens his door and steps through to take his phone to answer it. "Hello?"

"Seokjin-ah, hi. We need you back at the mental hospital. There's been an emergency involving Namjoon, and he's asking for you. Get here now." Dr. Lee's voice is urgent, and Seokjin is flying towards the door at the mention of Namjoon's name.

"I'm on my way out the door now." The call ends, and to Yoongi, he says "There's an emergency, Namjoon is involved somehow, and I need to go since he's my patient." He shoves his feet into his shoes and grabs his keys, barely registering his best friend's look of surprise before he shuts the door behind him and runs to his car.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"But, Dr. Zhang, do I have to?" Hoseok is scared. Really scared. He doesn't want to relive his past, his background, his reason for being in the mental institution. Right now, that's about the last thing he wants to do.

Dr. Zhang sighs. "I'm afraid you do. It's the first step in this test, Hoseok. I have to hear your story and gauge how you react to telling it. It could be the way to start helping you."