Chapter Nineteen

Warning: This chapter contains somewhat graphic depictions of violence. Proceed with caution.

Taehyung is finishing up with a group therapy session in another area of the hospital when his phone pings with a reminder of his weekly meeting with Dr. Lee. He's curious about how much progress has been made with the patients in the ward Seokjin works in (and about Seokjin himself), so, upon bowing respectfully to his patients and finishing up some paperwork, he makes his way through the hospital to Dr. Lee's office.

“Ah, Dr. Kim! Right on time, as usual. Please come in.” Dr. Lee greets Taehyung with a smile as he lets him into his office. “And ah, we have someone joining us.” Taehyung is surprised to see Seokjin sitting in one of the chairs.

“Good morning.” Taehyung bows to Seokjin, and the elder stands so he can return the gesture, and then all three men sit down. “What's going on?”

“Seokjin, why don't you tell him? You can word it better than I can I think, since you actually know Jungkook.”

“Alright.” Seokjin glances down at the notepad and chart in his lap. “Jimin and Jungkook have history. I didn't realize to what extent that history reached before. They've known each other all their lives, and they've been in a dangerous relationship with each other since they were teenagers.” He proceeds to tell them the story about the hot air balloon, which Jungkook had told him that morning, and reads word for word what Jungkook said about the experience. “'It made me feel alive. Their screams turned me on. I wanted more. Jimin and I had sex to the sounds of the people in the hot air balloon falling to their deaths. It was some of the best sex I've ever had'.”

Taehyung looks up from his own notepad when Seokjin finishes speaking. “That is severe.”

“I wish that was all of it.” Seokjin sighs. “Jungkook told me also that Jimin did, in fact, have plans to convince Hoseok to kill himself, and he would do the same, so they could 'be together forever'. He has also had relations with Jimin that were so rough it caused him to black out twice. He was still unconscious when I left the room.”

“Wait, they're sharing a room?” Taehyung asks in shock. “Ah, I'm sorry to interrupt.” He frowns and looks back through his notes. “I thought Jimin was in solitary confinement because of the knives in his room.”

“He duped me.” Dr. Lee finally speaks up. “He weaseled his way out of solitary confinement by telling us that Hoseok was the real danger.”

Taehyung and Seokjin exchange a glance before looking back at the elder doctor. Seokjin speaks. “That was exactly what my brother said about one of his friends to convince us he was okay.”

“And he still harbored his plans to commit suicide,” Taehyung adds softly. Louder, he says “Jimin and Jungkook can not share a room. They're too dangerous for each other. We know how manipulative Jimin is, and now we also know that Jungkook is easily swayed and gets off on the same things Jimin does.”

“There aren't any empty rooms left. Unless we put Jimin in solitary confinement again, and I'm the only one who has authority to release him. Or we put him in Namjoon's temporary room with him.”

Taehyung glances in Seokjin's direction to see him turn a shade paler. The younger doctor speaks. “Sunbae-nim, with how dangerous Jimin is and my experience with patients like him, solitary confinement really would be the better option. Besides, Namjoon is the most dangerous patient here, though he may have found a match in Jimin. With all due respect, putting the two of them together in the same room wouldn't be a good idea at all.”