C|01: Fresh Start

ZOE'S POV

I feel the door open seconds later

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I feel the door open seconds later.

"Our plane to California leaves in an hour and a half and you haven't packed." Blake said as he hugged my waist from behind me.

"And if you keep bugging me, we won't get there in time." I said.

"That's too much to ask." He replied before kissing me. "But I'll help." He added.

We finished packing and Blake took my luggage to my dad's car who was driving us to the airport. I went downstairs to find my parents sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Oh my little girl. Ya no tengo bebé!" My mom exclaimed as she stood up.

"Ma I'll be fine." I said hugging her.

"You have to be careful Zoe. This world is full of people with bad intentions so be careful." My dad saids as he hugged me tight.

"I know dad. I'll be okay. You've taught me how to defend myself so I'll be fine. Plus, Blake will be there too." I smiled as Blake walked in.

"And you, you better take care of her!" My dad exclaimed as he pointed at Blake.

"Of course I will Daniel. I wouldn't let her get hurt in any way." He replied walking closer.

"Okay then, you guys should go or you'll miss your plane!" My mom said.

"Okay mom, I love you. I'll call or text you everyday to let you know how things are going, okay?" I hugged her again.

"Okay okay! Now go... before I start crying!" She said.

We pulled away and walked out of the house... The house that saw me grow up. That saw me take my first steps, welcomed me when I came home from my first kiss and the one that welcomed me with open arms when I was heartbroken. This house saw me study for hours for my tests and even the SATs. Now it watches me leave to California to study what I love the most. I still can't believe this is all happening.

~~~¤~~~

15 minutes later we arrived at the airport. We parked in the lot and dad stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"Dad?" I said, waiting for him to say something.

"Look, I know you two are going to live together under the same roof so PLEASE..." he takes a deep breath. "Don't get her pregnant." He told Blake.

"Dad!" I said loudly as I laughed.

"I'm serious okay? I don't want to become a grandfather so soon. You need to focus on your studies and-- " Blake cut him off.

"Daniel, there is nothing I would love more than to have a family with Zoe and you know that, but we are both focused on our priorities right now which are building a stable environment for us and our future family. You can relax." He said as we got out of the car.

"Well, you two have a flight to catch." Dad says. "I love you Zoe." He added.

"I love you too dad." I replied as we hugged.

"Now hurry up! You'll be late." He said.

"Bye." I smiled as I waved back at him.

"Bye" he waved as we entered the airport.

We passed security and grabbed all our luggage before we started making our way to our gate . A few minutes later, we got in the plane. Blake put some of our bags in the drawers before sitting next to me. We buckled up and a few minutes later the plane started to move as I looked through the window and watched how I left Florida behind.

"Here we go." Blake said as the plane started to lift and the pressure started rising.

"Oh god." I said. I always get a little nervous when I fly on planes.

"Relax Zoe." Blake laughed.

"Don't laugh at me." I glared at him.

"I love you." He chuckles.

"Whatever." I answer annoyed. He laughed.

"I love you too. Even though I sometimes want to slap that perfect face of yours." I said laughing.

"You do?" He said pretending to be annoyed as I giggled.

"I'm tired. I drank some pills the doctor gave me to make me sleepy while we're flying." I started to feel dizzy.

"I'll wake you up when we get there." He said kissing me.

"If it's crashing, don't wake me up." I said making him laugh.

"And what about me?!" Blake asked. I just laughed.

"It'll only be a nap." I said.

"Okay. I love you." He said kissing me again.

"I love you too." I answered before I fell into a deep sleep.

I felt Blake shake my shoulders as he called my name.

"What?" I whinned.

"Look out the window." He said.

I looked out the window to see tall palm trees and cars everywhere. The sky was perfectly filled with clouds that looked like little cotton balls.

"It's perfect. Just like I imagined it." I smiled widely.

"It's better. We're here, together." He said as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Yes indeed." I said before kissing him.

§ Word Count: 913 §

A/N: wow guys!!! Thank you so much for all the support in the first book, Love At First Camp! I'm so excited to work on this story, I have a bunch of ideas! I hope it all goes well 😬 Please, don't forget to vote & recommend to a friend if you liked it! I hooe you all have a wonderful day ✨
Your girl, Ellie 💞
PEACE ✌