C|06: Adrenaline

Z O E 'S P O V

We got home and I quickly went to take a bath while Blake took care of all our stuff; got rid of the sand. Nate was going to stay over tonight to watch Netflix, order some pizza and catch up.

"Blake can you please bring me a towel?!" I screamed hoping he would hear me.

"Give me a minute." he screamed back.

I heard the door open revealing Blake with a towel in his hands.

"Thank you babe." I smiled.

"You're welcome. I'll wait outside, this is torture." he said walking away causing me to laugh before he could close the door behind him.

I dried myself before getting dressed. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. I let my hair loose since I washed it to get rid of the salt water. I didn't bother to put on make up or get really dressed up since Nate is one of my best friends. Also, because my level of laziness has been through the roof these days.

I got out of the bathroom and surprisingly, Blake wasn't in the room. I went downstairs to the living room where I found him sitting on the couch as he talked to Nate, who was standing by the tv. I ran to Nate and jumped o him as he hugged me.

"Geez Zoe it hasn't even been 30 minutes." he laughed.

"Yeah but I missed doing this." I giggled.

"Umhm." Blake scratched his throat.

"Don't start. We haven't seen each other in a year." I said loosing Nate's grip lightly as I glared at him.

"Don't give me that look." he said.

"Oookayy." Nate said letting me go. "I'm going to the bathroom." Nate said as he headed towards the family room.

"The bathroom's upstairs." Blake grinned.

"Right. It's just... Big house. I'm kind of lost." Nate chuckled as he made his way upstairs.

"Can you NOT?" I said as Nate disappeared from my sight.

"You didn't see how he looked at you." Blake debated.

"Stop it! We're best friends. THE THREE OF US are best friends! I can't believe you're still holding on to something that happened ages ago!" I said walking closer to him.

"It may have happened ages ago but I know the flames are still there Zoe!" Blake said raising his voice.

"So what?! You know I LOVE YOU." I said as I put my hand around his neck.

"I know." He said as he put his hand in mine.

"You're my boyfriend. You're supposed to trust me, don't you trust me?" I say as he removes my hand from his neck and started walking in circles, something he does to control his anger.

"I do trust you." He replied looking down.

"Then why are you worried?" I asked as I walked closer to him.

"It's not you who I don't trust and I know Nate wouldn't do anything to destroy our relationship but feelings are something you can't control." He says.

"I love you. How many times do I have to say it?! Because if I have to say it a million times, I'll say it but I'm getting tired of your jealousy and your insecurities! I LOVE YOU BLAKE! You are the man I want to marry, you are the man I want to have kids with, but ALL OF THIS is making it harder." I say furious.

"He can't control the adrenaline Zoe! Nobody can. I know how it all works. You start going with the flow and your emotions lead you on and when you manage to snap back to reality, it's done." He says.

"Oh like you fucked Jessica that night at the Halloween party? I bet you just loved undressing her and letting the adrenaline run through your whole body as you did her." I say angry as that horrible image appears on my mind once again.

"Zoe you know what really happened that night, I don't know why you're bringing that up agin. You know how I still hate myself for it. I hate myself for it everyday, every second and you know it. You know how much it breaks my heart the fact that I was the one who caused you so much pain." He responds completely shaken by my words.

I start crying.

"Guys is everything o --" I hear Nate say. I try to whipe away my tears before I turn around to face him.

"What's wrong?" Ante becomes worried as he asks me.

"Nothing." I say, trying to avoid another argument.

"I know you, what's wrong?" He asks again.

"Just leave her." Blake hisses.

"What did you do to her?!" Nate raises his voice as he walks up to Blake.

"Calm the fuck down!" Blake screams back at Nate.

I walk past both of them, slightly pushing Nate out of the way and making my way to my room.

"You always know the perfect way to fuck this up don't you?!" I hear Nate say behind me as I go upstairs.

🌸 Word Count: 803 🌸

A/N: hi guys!!! I'm back!!! I'm really happy to be back and really really excited. First of all, Love At First Camp is #13 in #summertoremember so thank you so so much! And second, it is really really close to reaching 1k reads so please give it some love! Thank you for your support! I hope you had a wonderful day! 🌸
Your girl, Ellie 💙✨
PEACE ✌