C|05: Catch Me if You Can

Z O E 'S P O V

I heard someone say my name and I opened my eyes. Sunlight filled the room, trespassing the window.

"Zoe, babe, wake up and get ready. I'm going to get breakfast." Blake said as he slid on his swimsuit. I looked at him as I smiled.

"Like what you see?" he smiled.

"Not really."I said teasing him.

"No breakfast for you." he whispered as he leaned in.

"Cruel." I exclaimed.

"I love you." he chuckled.

"I love you too." I smiled.

He pecked my lips before putting on a shirt.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. Be ready when I get back, would you?"

"I will." I nodded as a small smile appeared on my face.

He just chuckled in response before leaving.

Through the window, I saw his white Audi backing off the driveway then it slowly disappeared from my sight. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower after I brushed my teeth. I put on my swimsuit and went downstairs to get my surfboard.

The front door opened and Blake came inside with a paper bag from McDonald's and a cup holder with two cups of orange juice.

"Food's here." he said as he put what he carried on top of the kitchen counter.

"Yesssssss." I said as I walked towards him.

"It's only been 10 minutes." He said.

"Oh I'm excited for the food, not you." I said laughing as I took the bags and the cup holder from his hands.

"You're welcome, it was my pleasure you know." He said seriously.

I walked towards the fridge to put the orange juices inside, facing away from him.

"Wow. Did you know I have the hottest girlfriend on this planet?" he said behind me.

"I didn't know you have a girlfriend from another planet too." I said making fun of him.

"Very funny." he chuckled as he put his arms around my waist, before he turned me around abruptly and got closer. We were now just inches away from each other's lips.

"Oh stop it with the cheesiness, you know I don't like it." I said.

"I know you don't. But I have an amazing girlfriend, what am I supposed to do?" He said.

"Plus, you shouldn't be walking around the house in a bikini." he smirked.

"What? You can't take it?" I smiled deviously.

"You know I can't." he said holding my face, then kissing me suddenly.

"Feeling overwhelmed today?" I asked as he continued kissing me.

"You have no idea." he said.

"It's been a really long time since we last surfed together." I pouted, slightly pushing him.

"Great, you're ignoring me." he said.

"Come on Blake, I'm not in the mood. I'm tired." I said.

"Are you having second thoughts about this?" He says as he sits on the kitchen counter, worry showing in his face.

"I miss home, I miss mom and dad. The house feels empty and it has nothing to do with the fact that we're living together. It all feels like a big weight on my shoulders." I say.

"Our relationship is a weight on your shoulders?" He asks a bit annoyed.

"No, of course not! What I mean is that I feel all these responsibilities and --- "

Blake grabbed my hands as he interlaced our fingers.

"I understand Zoe, of course I do. You need to relax a little, we are living together not getting married, even though that is our plan in a few years from now. I'm your boyfriend, but before I became your boyfriend, I was your best friend. I'm here for you. I love you." He said before hugging me. I nodded smiling.

"I know something that'll cheer you up. But first, eat your breakfast." He said excited.

We ate and finished a few minutes later. Then, I took snacks from the fridge as Blake tied the surfboards to his car. I locked the front door after I got everything we would take with us.

~~~¤~~~

He caught most of the waves, like always. His face lit up every time he saw a wave coming. Seeing him so happy again just makes me feel complete. Us, doing what we used to do all the time, going back to normal makes me feel complete. Seeing him in a surfboard again after such a long time is just perfect, just like him.

I feel like we're just like magnets. If you try to pull them apart, their force is so strong that they'll always end up together. I'm grateful I get to start a new life. They life I've always dreamed. With the person I've always dreamed of.

"Hey Zo." He snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Look who's getting ready to come and join us." He said smiling. I looked back to the shore to see Nate. Nate is one of our best friends since forever but about a year ago he moved here.

He smiled when he saw us.

"You knew about this?" I asked Blake. He nodded.

"God I love you! Can you even imagine how much I've missed him?!" I said smiling like crazy.

"Woah easy there with the love." He said serious.

"Awe you're jealous... How cute." I said chuckling.

"Yeah I get jealous. I have something precious, unique and perfect in my life, and I can't lose it. I love you." He said.

"I love you more." I said.

It was silent for a few seconds. He smiled and I smiled back.

"And to think you were a fuckboy before I met you." I said. "I guess every fuckboy has a cure." I added smiling.

"You are my cure." He said smiling.

"I would kiss you right now but we're in separate surfboards." I said exaggerating a frown.

"Don't worry, we have plenty of time. We live under the same roof" he smirked. I smiled.

It was silent before I spoke once again.

"Hey B." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Catch me if you can." I said as I saw a wave coming.

"It's not fair!" He screamed as I laughed.

§ Word Count: 573 §

A/N: hello my readers 💕 here you have another chapter. Pardon the typos and all that, they're probably a lot lmao. Thank you for reading! Please vote & recommend the story if you're liking it so far 💞 I hope you have a wonderful day ✨
Your girl, Ellie 💗
PEACE ✌