8

"I'm not going to." Brendon stated, putting down the burger and pecking at a fry.

"You promised. Come on, it'll be good. You gotta try new things at some point. Plus, no ketchup, just plain." Spencer attempted to convince him.

He huffed and moved to get out of the booth. "No, I'm going to order a different burger."

"Brendon, please. Just try it. If you dont like it then I'll buy you a McFlurry." Spencer bribed the boy and hoped it work. One can't go wrong with a McFlurry.

Brendon put his hand to his chin and smiled. "What if I do like it?"

"I'll still buy you one. And you'll have a new love for cheeseburgers."

Brendon picked up the burger hesitantly and bit into it. He scrunched his face before relaxing. "Holy moly." He whispered. A smile crept up on Spencer's lips and he cheered. "This is amazing. Oh my gosh, I think I'm gonna need another one."

"See, not so bad."

"Not so bad? I'm addicted!" Brendon took more and more bites while Spencer laughed. Guess you can't go wrong with a cheeseburger too.

"Wanna try with ketchup and the other add-ons?"

Brendon stared him dead in the eye before saying, "Baby steps, bud."

He almost forgot about the anchor in his stomach until he heard a familiar voice. Spencer's face looked just as shocked as Brendon's. in line stood Dallon with Pete.

"Do you want to leave?" Spencer asked. He started to pack up his food but Brendon sat there. "Bren?"

"I'm fine, we can stay."

"I wanna hear you play your piano some more. Come on, let's go-"

Dallon spotted the two and furrowed his eyebrows. He marched behind Pete who nonchalantly made his way to talk to Spencer.

"Hey guys." Pete said, patting Spencer on the back.

"Hey."

"H-Hey Dal, Pete. U-Um have you tried cheeseburgers before? Revolutionary..." Brendon whispered.

He didn't want to show that he's angry and upset and more than anything just hurt. This is so like Dallon.

Spencer gave a reassuring look his way.

"Of course we've tried cheeseburgers. We're not idiots!" Dallon said, earning a high five from Pete.

"Hey, so we were just heading out. I'm sure you two will enjoy your date." Spencer grinned at them and stepped out of the booth. He had this effect on people so that when he stepped out Pete automatically moved out of the way, not making any contact with him. It's something Brendon admired about Spencer, it's like he's got everyone under some sort of spell.

Brendon only smiled and stepped out to, struggling because he's not Spencer, Dallon didn't even budge.

Spencer took Brendon home and waited for him to get inside. He insisted Brendon played more music for him but Brendon said he needed to get a head start on some homework.

Spencer Smith believes Brendon deserves better.

-

Here's another because I had a semi good day and I hope urs was better

-me