14

Clean apartment 6B at ...... Residence. Make sure it's sparkling. Get the groceries as listed below. Do the laundry. Do the following school work. Take care of Asher. Take Asher to the vet. Take the motorcycle to the repair shop. Place a cup of coffee at the bench in the school garden every morning. Get me lunch from the convenience store.

Now it's to get a bunch of flowers.

It had been a month since she turned into Howon's maid. At least she wasn't being bullied. Everything was getting to her and this flower business just happened to be the last straw.

Hyewon finally arrived at the park and saw the lake. She saw someone sitting at the bench by the lake and judging from the outline, it was Howon. As she approached him, she realised that it was strange for him to be sitting at a bench by the lake.

*Something's off about him*

Just then, a child that was running fell down. Howon saw it and immediately got up to help the child.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes. Thank you for helping me oppa"

Howon smiled.

"No problem", he replied as he ruffled the girl's hair which made her blush.

"Bye oppa"

Howon waved at her as she left to continue running.

Hyewon was amazed at the sight especially his smile. To her, it was the most beautiful thing she had seen. She lowered her head and giggled as she remembered that smile. But then she remembered what she came for and was about to walk up to him but stopped when his phone rang.

Howon scowled on seeing the unknown number but answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Son"

Howon's face darkened immediately, something that Hyewon noticed. He decided to hang up.

"Please don't hang up on me"

Howon hesitated.

"And why shouldn't I? I thought we were clear 8 years ago. No contact whatsoever"

"I know. I just wanted us to go and visit your mother tomorrow -"

"No". Howon cut him off. "Don't even dream about it. You might be my father but obviously mom wouldn't want me to visit her with the very person responsible for her death"

"Lee Ho Won. That is no way to talk to your father."

"First, i don't have a father. And second, i couldn't care less about how i talk to you"

"Howon-ah -"

"Don't think of calling me again"

Howon ended the call, leaving Hyewon speechless. She had called him all sorts of things, not knowing how hard his life was. Howon felt a presence behind him but when he turned, he could only see Hyewon's retreating image which he couldn't make out of.

He got back to his apartment and saw the bouquet of flowers on the table with a note.

I got you the bouquet of flowers from the best of the best, thankfully before 8 p.m. Hope you like them.

"I was expecting her to confront me, not get me the flowers. I wonder what happened. But since she got the bouquet, i might as well use it tomorrow"