Chapter 24

Celeste

The sound of footsteps can be heard throughout the house as they walk into what I can only hope to be the living room. I can hear the distant voices but im not able to make out what they're saying.

"You know" I start off "Maybe we shouldn't snoop around if we get caught I'll be in big trouble for sure" I gulp.

"We don't have too, you just seemed really curious so I was just trying to help out" she smiles at me.

"I really do wanna know," I say.

"I mean what exactly does in trouble mean?" she questions

"Huh?" I say confused

"I mean if you were to get caught what exactly would they do?"

I frown "Well I don't know, I've never really gotten in trouble with them, they're always so kind and caring with me" I say.

"So maybe you'd just get grounded or get a long speech" Olivia points out.

"Yeah may-" I stop as I hear the sound o the front door closing.

"We're too late" Olivia says.

I was so worried about getting caught snooping around that we missed our opportunity.

I groan. "Great" I mutter

"Oh my gosh!" Olivia slaps her forehead. "How could I of been so stupid!

"Olivia? are you okay?

"No. I'm so dumb, All we need is a name! we don't have to go through so much just to get a glimpse of them!"

And in that moment I realized I was a total idiot, I'm sure if I could get Lucas or Liam to give a name, instead here we were making our lives more complicated.

"You're right! okay so we go with Plan B get this shouldn't be as hard" I say with confidence I was sure they wouldn't really care if I played it off as a casual thing.

There's a soft knock on the door before it opens and in comes Liam. He gives us a smile "How are you girls holding up? Go through enough snacks already?" he teases

"Nope, we seem to have run out" I respond, he was in a good mood, this wouldn't be so hard to do.

**********************************

"Call me later" I yell out to Olivia as she gets out the car.

"I will, I will!" I roll up the window right after to keep in the warm air of the car.

I look back at Lucas, he seemed to be busy yelling at someone over the phone.

"I told you I wanted those documents filled out and sent in by the end of today but you idiots can't seem to even do the easiest of tasks!"

I think Lucas was the most intimidating out of his brothers, if I didn't know him the way that I did I would honestly be very afraid of him right now.

He's busy yelling on the phone on the whole ride home so I don't get to ask him about the mysterious strangers that came to our house.

As we make our way into the building Lucas pulls away from his phone call "Little one go on ahead up I have to handle some paperwork down here at the front desk okay?"

I nod my head and make my way to the elevator, when I enter the front door I'm greeted with dead silence. I guess Aiden and Liam had gone out to the office most probably they were always working.

I throw myself on the couch and stare at the ceiling, what could those people want that Lucas, Liam and Aiden didn't want to give them?

I hear the front door open and shut but I don't look too busy in my thoughts. "And what is that dangerous little mind of yours thinking about?" Lucas teases as he walks up to me. I sit up to make room on the couch for him.

"Oh you know just stuff" I tease back. He grabs me by my hips accommodating me so that I'm straddling him on the couch. He pulls me closer to him and his lips crash against mine. I cant help but gasp as his tongue enters my mouth, I don't think I'll ever get used to this.

He groans as his phone begins to ring, I pull away, but he pulls me back to him.

"Aren't you gonna answer that? I ask him.

"No there are more important things I'm taking care of right now."

*********************

So uhm I got stumped lol that's the reason I haven't been updating so much. I apologize.

I now realize how important an outline really is XD anyways I have Outlined the rest of the chapters for this book!

I'll be updating again within the next hours or so depending on my levels of procrastination, its a 3 day weekend wooo!