Chapter 27

Lucas

The thought that sick bastard could've gotten so close to Celeste without us realizing it drove me insane. He was a slick bastard he went straight to Olivia.

If she hadn't come to us we would've never realized how close he was to getting Celeste and god knows what could've happened.

And those good for nothing fucking Kingsley brothers. What the fuck are we paying them for if they can't even do a proper good job.

But by my word we're they going to hear it from us. What the fuck were these idiots doing they had one job.

I didn't care about the reputation that
followed them at this point. 

"Olivia sweetheart why don't you go back with Celeste while we handle some business." Liam said.

I turn my attention towards Olivia who can't seem to sit still on the couch. Her foot tapping vigorously against the floor.

Olivia nodded and eagerly stood up ready to bolt out the door. Liam reaches out for her shoulder before she could take a step.

"Olivia we would appreciate it if you kept this to yourself for now, we don't want Celeste to worry or stress about this." He  tells her.

She remains silent for a brief moment as if pondering whether or not she should do it "Of course Mr.Blackwell"

Liam lets go of her shoulder and she bolts out the living room

As soon as she's out the door Aiden kicks the table in rage.

"CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE FUCK WE'RE PAYING THESE BASTARDS TO WATCH CELESTE AGAIN" he barks.

"Well brother" I say adjusting my tie "Surely breaking our furniture will help out our situation."

"Do you even care" he scoffs at me.

"Don't you ever dare fucking say I don't care about her again" I grit out.

"Alright," Liam interrupts pushing as both apart "that's enough you two, there are more important issues that we need to discuss other than who cares the most"

Aiden sighs "He's right the Kingsley brothers will be here soon and we need to put those fuckers in their place, who the fuck do they think they are trying to intimidate us. We paid them thousands of dollars and all they had was one single job they couldn't do correctly"

More than ever now we had to keep a close eye on Celeste. Leaving the house to go out to school was way out of the question at this point.

I needed her here where I could see her and know she'd be safe.

I'm brought out of my thoughts at the ringing of the doorbell.

"That must be them."

***************

Olivia

I wanted nothing more than the floor to open and swallow me whole. The Blackwell's were nothing less than intimidating.

As soon as I told them about that strange man it felt as if a bright light was being shined on my face while being interrogated.

As soon as I was free to leave I bolted I couldn't take the tension in the air any longer.

I make my way back to Celeste's room. She had her nose stuck in a book.

I contemplated telling her about the situation. I had told the Blackwell's I wouldn't tell her but I felt it was something she needed to know about.

She seemed to be so peaceful with her book. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Everything okay Olivia?" She says looking up at me.

I smile "yeah everything's fine." 

She eyed me suspiciously "Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure" I laugh

"Well then come here!" She pats eagerly on the spot on the bed next her "I have some major tea to tell you"

I giggle "I only went to get some water how do you already have more tea to spill"

"Ah my dear friend that is the joy of social media instant information"  she says pulling out her phone

"Ah shoot I'll be back I left my phone out there" I say as I remember I had left my phone in the couch.

I run out back to the living room. My loud obnoxious steps grab everyone's attention in the living room.

I stop dead in my tracks when I realize I now have six pair of eyes staring straight at me.

***********
I started this book when I was sophomore and I recently graduated. Talk about lack of motivation am I right.