chapter eight

At this point, I was sure of two things.

One was the fact that if I kept going down the path I was on, doing stupid shit and risking my life to prove something, I was going to die again.

The other thing was the fact that no matter what, I could not be in the same room as Kol Mikaelson without my head exploding with pain. I had to stay away from him if I wanted to stay alive.

EIGHT HOURS EARLIER

"How could you?" Rebekah asked, stepping up to my face. The look on her face was one of pure rage. The fire in her eyes was enough to make me cower. But that was me yesterday. Today, I would not cower to anyone. Never bow to anyone, never let anyone control me.

"Well," I started. "All that was needed was the ability to get out of the door and walk my cute ass down the road. Then, I had to-"

Rebekah put her hand up. "Stop."

I grinned. "You wanted to know."

"Not if you're going to be a smartass," she scowled.

I rolled my eyes. "I wanted to see him, but he didn't want to. I got that," I said, crossing my arms. "It's whatever. I'm not going to seek him out again."

Rebekah stared at me for a few minutes.

"C'mon, Bekah. Cut her some slack. We all knew it was going to happen anyway," Klaus said from behind me, resting his chin on my head. I scowled and moved, causing him to chuckle and lean against the wall. "It's Rose and Kol. What were you expecting?"

Rebekah shrugged. "I just thought that Rose wouldn't go out without protection. You're human now, Rose. And you have made your fair share of enemies."

"They're always drawn to each other, no matter what," Klaus went on dramatically. "Remember when I compelled Rose to forget about Kol, and she fell in love with him again?"

"You did what?" I growled, glaring at him.

"That glare doesn't intimidate me anymore, love. Cut the act."

"Only if you drop dead, sweetie."

"Me-ow," came Alexia's voice. Klaus' face brightened up at the sight of her, and he immediately abandoned Rebekah and I for her. They hugged and kissed, causing something to tug at my heart.

I wanted that. With Kol.

I scowled at that thought. You don't even know him, let alone remember him. Stop.

Sensing my distress, Rebekah spoke up. "I figured out how to get back into my real body. Once I do that, I'll do the same for Kol."

"Wait, what?" Alexia asked. "And you didn't think it was necessary to tell me that before now?"

Shrugging, Rebekah responded with, "I figured it out this morning."

"It's the afternoon!"

<><><><><><><><><><>

I didn't want to be there for the magic part, so I left to meet up with Davina. I told her everything that happened since I last saw her, including my meeting with Gabriel and Kol stopping us from practically having sex in the middle of the street.

"I still can't figure out why he didn't want to see you," she frowned.

I shrugged. "I guess it makes him sad that I don't remember him."

I snapped out of my Kol induced daze and looked at Davina, a smile gracing my face. "Enough about me. Tell me, what have you been up to?"

Davina smiled wryly. "Well, there's this boy..."