Prologue

It was night...

She stopped writing. Maybe not...

It was night

A small spill of ink slipped from the pointy side of the feather, as she bit her lip and tried to think of another way to start the document. She'd always write down everything that bothered her. It made her feel better. No, no, no, no... better start like this...

Once upon a stormy night...

She stopped writing again, not, really, knowing how to continue this. Not having the slightest idea of how to express something alike in words. She looked down at the paper and she sighed.

...we lost everything.

If it wasn't for Sokka, to hold Zuko back, he could have walked right in. Maybe that's because Zuko's shouts heard louder and louder in each failing attempt to reach her.

Maybe that's because I started blood bending Toph, to prevent her from entering the flames. She was strong, she tried to fight me off. But 'no', I couldn't let her. I couldn't lose another friend in the burning fire.

That's because Aang shattered to his knees with cries and sobs, watching his beloved sister's death. All that rage, all that pain intrigued the Avatar State. But I held him back.

It's been a year. We can't mention her name. We don't talk about it. Losing her, felt like losing, part, of ourselves. The gang is not the same, it's not fulfilled.

Zuko locked himself behind the walls of his Palace still dealing the government of a Nation. Sokka's sarcasm disappeared. Toph locked herself in her school teaching untalented students. No one could be like her. She mentioned it every time she'd start a new lesson.

I... I'm broken. Nothing else to say.

And Aang...

Her hand started shaking. The pencil slipped away from her fingers' tight grasp and hit the paper spilling some ink on it. She couldn't continue writing. Even if she could, she didn't know what to write. How to express Aang's situation with words?

Katara buried her face in her hands bursting once again in tears. She hadn't cried the last six months. She'd been trying to be strong for Aang. He wasn't the same sweet boy she remembered. He acted coldly, just like when he'd lost Appa.

Now the loss and the pain felt a hundred times worse. They all knew that this was a pain they couldn't heal...

>*<> I <>*<> I <>*<> I <>*<>I<>*<

I know it's small, so I was thinking maybe update another one today!

Vote and Comment if you liked it!

:)