Epilogue

Four Years Later,

"Zuko!"

Holy shit! Zuko might've been at the other wing of the Palace talking with his Generals, but they all already knew that he and the Fire Lady were at their crucial time. For example...

Zuko started running out of the room after a quick excuse at his council and he ran as fast as he could at his and his wife's bedroom. He passed through his servants that continuously walked around the halls. Sweat popped out of his forehead as he opened the door and walked in.

Thank goodness Katara was already there. Since Iris entered the ninth month of pregnancy Katara had moved to stay in the Palace for a few days.

"The baby is coming!" Iris exclaimed as Katara helped her walk towards the bed to lie down.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit... Zuko's heartbeat raced. He was practically more scared and worried than Iris was. He didn't know how painful it might have been, but for Iris to act like that, it really was painful.

The servants started coming and exiting the room with countless of stuff in which Zuko didn't really pay much attention at. Katara stood between Iris's feet.

"Okay, Iris, now I need you to push," Katara said as calmly as she had to.

Iris gave strangled shout and her grip tightened on Zuko's hand that had him practically wincing from the pain. But he barely paid attention to that. He couldn't pay attention to anything else than his wife.

>*<> I <>*<> I <>*<> I <>*<>I<>*<

A few moments later,

It really was a traumatic experience. Aang, Sokka, and Toph started from the Earth Kingdom on Appa, and it was only a matter of time when they'd reach the Caldera City.

Iris had never felt so exhausted in her entire life. She'd been through so many but still, that was a whole new feeling. But once she took her baby in her arms, it really felt like all that pain had been wiped away. She'd felt many kinds of love... but that was that one kind she had yet to learn. It really was something incredible to hold something she herself had brought to life with her husband's help.

Iris chuckled when she remembered the pale color Zuko's face was a few moments ago. For a moment she thought he was going to faint.

Thinking of Zuko, the door of the room opened and Zuko walked in with his newborn in his hands. He had a wide smile on his face. Even the feeling of being a dad it really made him happy. He was definitely the happiest man in the world.

He looked at her apologetically. "Please tell me you don't want to rip my head off,"

Iris chuckled "No worries. That thought passed my head a short moment ago,"

Zuko chuckled and smiled at her as he walked towards her. He placed the baby in her arms as gently as he could and Iris locked her gaze on their daughter. She smiled as she placed a kiss on the baby's forehead. She turned back to her husband who had sat on the bed beside her.

"How shall we name her?" Iris asked.

"Well, when your brother, Sokka and Toph arrived they started betting on names. Sokka's suggesting 'Katyra'"

"I'm not naming our daughter that!"

"I don't agree either. Toph is betting on any other name except that and Aang is betting on an Air Nomad-ish name umm... Yang-Meng? Ming?"

"Yangchen?"

"Yeah, something like that," Zuko said.

"No way. What do you think?" Iris asked.