Chapter Ten - Holiday Special Pt. 1

Hey, guys, what do you think? Let me know if our like it!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Visions of peace. Visions of happiness. Yeah. Those two were definitely not meant to exist in her life... at least in Iris' life. Elin heaved a sigh. That damn mission would be over soon. She only hoped so. It was night. Darkness fell everywhere in the room. She created a fireball at her hand lighting her way towards the door.

She was sure, that a cold drink of water would help clear her mind, in combination with a walk at the silent halls of the Palace towards the kitchen. A small blink of her eyes was enough to see another picture. Probably related to her visions she received that night in her nightmares. Maybe dreams. She wasn't sure.

She was on her way to the kitchen. Elin closed her eyes once again, wanting to picture the vision she had interrupted.

And then, she saw...

~{0}~

In the closest future, almost three years later...

There was whiteness everywhere. It had just started snowing. The soft snowflakes covered each part of the street's roads, each roof. People walked hastily around the streets trying to find their houses as quickly as possible so they wouldn't get covered with snow.

The entire City was decorated with each adornment for the occasion. Haven't you guessed yet? Which one is the best time of the year? The Winter Holiday (=Christmas in the Avatar World? Whatever). All families gathered together to celebrate a tradition that has been celebrated for thousands of years. And like every other family, one very familiar to us, gathered at the most ideal place to celebrate the Winter Holiday, the South Pole. Of course, the snow there was a lot cooler than the one in the Fire Nation or the Earth Kingdom.

"Whoah, if it keeps snowing like that all night, everything will be covered in snow tomorrow," Iris said looking at the snow, from the window, that kept falling from the sky endlessly.

"Well, it's the South Pole," Zuko's voice heard from behind.

Iris took her gaze off the window and she turned around watching him as he took off the Fire Lord's crown. They were all living in the South Pole's newly built Palace. Malina and her workers had done a good work.

Iris sighed complainingly placing her hands on her waist saying "I still don't understand why we'd have to spend the holiday on the South Pole,"

"It was something about Katara complaining that we never visit," Zuko said wearing his red robe after he had already taken off all the other clothes of the Fire Lord's outfit. Not to mention the extra thick shirts to keep the cold out.

"I wonder why," Iris said sourly.

She had nothing personal with the people. She just hated the place. Iris didn't have a good time while protecting the Tribe during the war and she had grown to hate that place. But she was with her husband, with her friends, her brother. She forced a smile on the thought that she shouldn't be so ungrateful. Spirits, those three years as the Fire Lord's wife had really gotten the softie side of her character out.