The Fake Smile

Genji's P.O.V.

"Intresting....." The lady said examining machine parts.

"You act as if you've never seen it, yet you were the one who created me...."

She flinches "Ah!! Uh.. of course!!" Shifting in her seat uncomfortably as she reads through her clipboard.

I stiffened in my seat, I was never comfortable when around this lady, her name was Dr. Moira? She always mumbled to herself about some magic stuff.....

"So uh... Genji what do you remember..." Moira says running a hand through her orange hair.

They always asked the question, Reaper said it was because of the machinery, they were afraid it would make me lose my memory. It sounded really stupid to be honest.

I thought back, everytime I try to remember what happened in the past, the memories play back like a tape.

I died, Moira saved me, joined Talon and killed people.

Then there would always be a part that seemed to not... connect with the other parts. A bright light that would shine and wings that were golden.....

I would always get a huge headache from it. "I died, you saved me, joined Talon and killed some people.... the usual...."

I kept that last part to myself.

"Of course...." She says calmly. "You're free to go.... do some training with the bots okay?"

I nod then headed out of the door.

The training area was very gloomy, I saw other agents training with different kinds of weapons.

Bammm!!

Without flinching I turned around.

"You missed" I said looking at the purple skin sniper

"It wasn't intentional" Amelia said slinging her rifle on her shoulder, "You should be more careful..."

I nodded

"Gabe wants everyone in the meeting room to talk about our next mission, I hope your ready...." she says without looking at me.

"I'm always ready...."

She hesitates then stands up walking put of the training room.

What was that all about?

1 month later....

Mercy's P.O.V.

I lied in my bed feeling the sparrow feather on my cheek. Holding the many letter we sended each other.

I looked at the clock on my nightstand.

11:00

I better get ready

"Wear something pretty" was what Pharah had said when she gave me the flowers and a card that said 'Date me'

"this will be good for Overwatch's publicly, show them we're safe!!" Jack said before and when I shut the door on him.

I sighed putting on my yellow dress as I did a little twirl in the mirror. I looked dull, but maybe i was the fact that I really didn't want to go on this date. I picked up one of Genji's feathers and put it on my hair.

Good enough.

I hear out the door and see Pharah waiting for me by the door. When she sees me she looks up and smiles.

"Hey!! You look great...." she says taking my hand.

I stiffened at her grip "yah...." 

She notices but it ignores anyways "um... let's go!! I found a cafe you would really enjoy...." she says pulling me by the hand.

When we got there the camera crew and the papparazzis were already there surrounding the door when they saw us they crowded around.

"Pharah and Mercy!! Are you guys going on another date!!"
Click!!
"Is it true that you think of proposing to Mercy, Pharah!!"
Click!! click!!
"Mercy!! How does it feel to be a part of the most famous couple in Overwatch!!"
Click!! click!! CLICK!!

Awful... absolutely awful... was what I wanted to say to all the questions.

However, I put a bright fake smile on as Pharah answers the questions for me, "Yes yes and she feels great!!" She says without looking at me.

"Now if you exscuse me, we both have a date to attend!!" She says pulling me in the cafe.

When the papparazzis disappear I feel my fake smile disappear as I collapsed into my seat tiredly.