Grief

Genji's P.O.V. 

Just as me and my brother were walking down the hallways between the cells that contained either someone or no one, we run into the person we hoped to run into. I look up from my under my visor to see the person in front of us. 

It was Angela, who was wearing her suit with the wings folded on her back. The only thing that was missing was her golden halo. 

But I was too relieved to even notice, I desperately ran to her as my arms curled around her slim body. "Oh my god...." I said as I finally let out the breathe that I kept holding onto. I look up at her, my metal fingers on her pale face so that I could be sure she was real. "You're alive," My voice cracks as the words leave my mouth. "I'm so glad..." I say hugging her figure, my tears wetting the inside of my visor. 

Angela's hands crept up from my back, hugging me just as tightly. "Genji..." I could almost see her wings fluttering a bit as she says my name. 

I pull away from her, "What is it?" 

Her eyes were dark, looking puffy as well, with red rings under them against her pale skin. "Zen.. he..." she starts to say before I could understand her words. 

My attention shot up, "Oh right Zen!! He wasn't with me? Did they take him away?" I looked towards my brother for an answer then back at Angela who couldn't even look at me.

"Angela?" 

The angel lets out a shaky sigh, trying hard to not let the emotions win her over. "He's gone....." Her voice cracking while her head drooping even lower. 

My heart drops as soon as I take in those words of her's. I didn't want a clarification or another recollection of that sentence. I knew from her tone that what she said was true. 

And it broke my heart. 

My greatest friend who helped me be at peace with myself, helped me control the power of this body, helped me become the 'me' I am today. 

I knew we had little arguments back and forth, but I enjoyed our little chats. I cherish them more now that he is gone. 

Despite himself being an omnic, he was the being that had more humanity than the rest of us. 

Zenyatta.... 

My tears seem to over flow in my visor so I take it off to let the drops hit the floor. My hands instantly cover my eyes, "I'm s-sorry... I just..." Too much thoughts and feelings were running through my head. I just wanted to go home, but what was home now?

"Genji..." Angela says, her hand on my arm as her tears run down her face as well. "I miss him too." her eyes finally shining, but not in happiness, but by the sadness welling up in her eyes. However, it didn't stop her warm aura from comforting me. 

So I realize, that home was wherever she was. 

Someone puts their hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me to see my brother with a solemn look, I couldn't blame him, since he had no idea what to say to comfort me. "Genji, we need to move on..." 

However, those words were enough to pick me back up. He was right, I needed to move on despite how broken I felt. Completing this mission was the only way I could feel better. 

Burn it to the ground, burn those horrible memories. 

Those sudden betrayals will suddenly turn into nothing. 

Then regretfully, I can finally live on with no regrets.

I turn to him, Angela's hand slipping from my arm, my back towards her. Hanzo puts my weapons out to me. I looked down at the two viscous blades of mine, picking them up one by one as they greet me with a curved smile. Strapping it across my back, "Let's go.." I say, putting my visor back on, despite my tears that were still there. 

"Genji..." Angela says with a stern voice. But I don't listen only walking past her and towards the door.

"GENJI!!" She yells with the sternest voice I've ever heard causing me to almost jump out of my skin. I stop and turn around to the women, her chest rising from her frustration. "Please stop...." Angela says with pleading eyes. "Not for my sake or your brother's, but for Zenyatta's sake." 

"If he were here, he would've wanted me to slaughter every single one of those bastards." I replied, but instead of Angela speaking my brother shoots me a threatening look. 

"I'm sure if your friend was here, he would say the opposite. He would never want you to go back to your own ways and you know that." Hanzo says, catching me by surprise, not expecting him to come to my side much less comfort me. 

I imagine what Zenyatta would say if he saw me right now. 

Boi I swear, if you don't get ya ass over here imma drag yo ass back by myself!

Even in death, Zen couldn't be serious. 

I take a deep breathe, knowing that they were right. Zenyatta shaped me into a human being who loved themself, not a cold blooded psychopath. 

I walked over to my brother and my girlfriend. I looked over to Hanzo, "T-Thanks... I needed that..." he only nods in response, then I look over to Angela who is already staring at me. 

I take my visor off, offering a weak smile. "I'm sorry," 

Angela only smiles, putting her hand over my shoulder so that she can push me down as her lips meet mine. I can feel her smile widen in our kiss. When she breaks the kiss she says, "Don't be sorry, it's one of the stages of grief. You just have to make sure you're with the right person during those stages." her head touching mine. 

And she was right, I was with the right person. 

The home I was looking for, my sanctuary was wherever my love was.