Chapter 2

I took a deep breath, what was going to happen? This all worried me so much. Me and Amilia sat in a cold room while Susen talked to someone else. "Come here Moonlight" Susen said her back turned to me, I skipped over and tried it look at who was on the other side of the counter but I was too short, Susen set me on the on of the counter so I could see. "Your name is Moonlight, dear?" The man on the other side of the counter asked me, I shook my head yes. How did he know? Did Susen tell him?

   "When's her birthday?" He asked next. "Moonlight, when's your birthday?" Susen asked me, the man looked confused. I shrugged my shoulders. I honestly didn't know when my birthday was, Susen sighed like she always did. "Set her birthday as November 20 2012" Susen requested. I don't understand. "Any other mental conditions or illnesses that you know of?" The man kept asking questions that I didn't keep track of, too much. Should I be worried, are they going to hurt me? After the man stopped asking questions, we sat on a couch and a TV was turned on. A game of people kicking a ball was on, of course the game was called football. I wasn't very fascinated by it but TV hasn't very really fascinating for me. At the orphanage, we didn't have a TV. I drew a lot but pretended that my Willie was playing with me only but not much else. I tried playing football once but I tripped on the ball trying to kick it, I did it a lot so I stopped.

A woman opened a door and peeked into the room we were in. "Moonlight?" She said, Susen grabbed my hand and walked to the women and Amilia followed. I wanted to ask why we were following this woman but it's not that easy, for me at least. I've never seen this place, it's all new to me. The woman opened a door and told us to go in, Susen made me walk in first which made me feel scared and nervous. I held my own hand. "Don't be scared, you'll be fine" the woman said,"the nurse won't hurt you" Susen added. A nurse. The nurse took out a flashlight, shined it in my eyes and ears, why would she do that though? I didn't like it but Susen shook her head when I almost smacked it. I sigh. She took another one and looked in my nose, now I didn't even want to be here, the nurse laughed. "Sorry dear" the nurse said setting the flashlight down. "What's the reason you brought her here?" She asked Susen, Amilia in all this kept quiet. "Might be a disorder," Susen replied. The nurse made a 'hmm' sound and looked at me, "the doctor will be in soon" she said walking out of the room. I sat on the bed with paper on it and swung my feet back and forth. "Wi-will th-the-they h-hur-hurt m-me?" I tried to say," 'course not, that's nonsense" Susen said.

Someone opened the door, "hello, I'm Dr. Campbell," the doctor said. "How are you, Moonlight?" Dr. Campbell asked me, "g-goo-good,"I replied. "I'm going to run some tests, okay?" He asked, I nodded, I didn't have a choice. Sadly. He took off someone around his neck and put it to my chest, I flinched. "I'm not going to hurt you," he smiled. He did it again and this time I was fine, he did it to my back too. Felt strange. "Do you always stutter like this or is this resent?" Dr. Campbell ask me, "a-al-always," I said. Stutter. Is that when you repeat sounds? "Sounds like Aphasia," Dr. Campbell said just after. "Oh?" Susen asked, he nodded. "Nothing I can really do, sorry," he frowned "but I request just some speech therapy." Susen nodded and we left.

I don't know how bad Aphasia is but I know it's going to affect my life, a lot.