two

(Entry for Wattpad Poetry Contest)

You are my favorite almost. You were almost mine, I thought with lifetime.
And we almost sounded good as rhymes- But we didn't.

I once put a red crimson candlelight, and I thought you would lit it up. But you didn't. But darling, I thank you- You made me lit it up myself. You made me see the good and bad, the happy and sad not just in crimson candlelights but also in everything.

Darling, I thank you for drowning me. But I once thought that you would lift me up, but only for a little bit of time. I learnt that I could lift myself up. Thank you.

Thank you for whisphering lies in my ears, You know I'd love to hear, a lullaby I wanted to hear. But with your lies- I've known the truth. And thank you.

Darling, Thank you for making me feel pretty once.
But saying that I'm pretty made me recognized you only loved my beauty. That it made me recognize that you are not the right man, and the right man should call me beautiful instead of pretty. And thank you for making me realize that.

I thought I've seen forever in your eyes. But I had to be awake in your dreams, my nightmare. And I did, Thank you I've escaped in your gruesome fantasies.

Now my words look better in a paper instead of words coming from my mouth, And I thank you for that.

Darling, you made me wear masks everytime we were together. But now I am free wearing my soul, thank you for breaking the strings.

And I was once autumn falling for you, and was once winter getting cold after I fell, but now I am spring who would like to bloom anywhere with freedom and no chains. And I thank you for that.

The tears you have brought me, made me angry. But everytime I see you, love blooms back fast like the flowers in the meadows we've always wanted to pick.

But you letting me go, Made me strong and independent and beautiful and deep. And I really thank you.

But note that I still love you 'til now,

Note that you are still my favorite, My Favorite almost, The one I never had enough of.

Once again, The love and lies you gave me made me brave- Thank you.