chapter 7

Swara's point of view

I was too stunned to say anything. I quickly let go off Sanskar and faced Ragini, "I think you need to take care of your fiancé more carefully. He might die for you."

I scoffed and left. Before I could reach the door Ragini called me, "Swara I am very capable of taking care of Sanskar. Thank you very much. I think you need to take care of your boyfriend."

What? Rocky was nowhere there. What was she taking about? "ARE you blind as well? Rocky is not here" I retorted.

Ragini opened her mouth but Sanskar silenced her. He stood up and was touching his wound gingerly. He faced me and met my eyes after so many months. "Swara, Rocky was here. Please believe your sister. I know what you are thinking. We are trying to turn you against Rocky. But that's not true. We both couldn't do justice to our marriage maybe you and Rocky can." He said all this to me very patiently.

He left the room and I was left alone with Ragini. Ragini looked at me. She approached me but suddenly stopped and retraced Sanskar's steps.

I was gonna leave when a strange looking guy entered the room. I had a hunch that I had seen this guy. He looked me and said, "Hi, my name is Laksh. I am a tenant here. Who are you?"

I was shocked. I asked him "What did you say your name was?"

"Laksh" he said. "Laksh Maheshwari"

The air in my lungs did a somersault on landed in my wind pipe. I started coughing badly. Laksh hurried to the dining table and got a glass of water.

"Here, drink this" he offered.

I obliged. I was completely stunned. What was he doing here? What was Sanskar's brother doing here when he died five years ago?

Sanskars point of view

My injury was giving me a headache.  So was a complete ass of my sister Uttara. The injury on one hand was causing a physical pain to me but Uttara's questions were enough for me to go completely nuts.

"Will you just SHUT UP!" I shouted.

"Sanskar calm down. She is not making you die or something." Ragini said.

We were in my room. Ragini was standing near the window while I was massaging my head sitting on my bed. Meanwhile Uttara was asking a lot of questions. She loved Rocky. No I'll put it this way. She worshipped him.

"But tell me how did he enter the room and how did push Sanskar. If I were there I would have taken a leaf from his book." Uttara said looking directly at me

"What do you mean by that?" I frowned.

"Well I could push you whenever you irritate me Sanskar" Uttara said with finalty as if that's going to settle the matter.

"Oh yeah well I think it will be better if you go and stay with him. Cause I am not a good brother and Laksh is not alive. And really thanks to Rocky that the whole family is with him and Swara doesn't even know what's happening. He'll actually take good care of you in the present scenario"I advised her sarcastically.

"That's not what I meant. All I wanted to say was..." Uttara started her monologue but she was interrupted

"That's enough Uttara. Explaining things to Sanskar is like hitting your head to a wall" Ragini said.

I hate Ragini. I don't even know why am I with her. But the fact that she was my best friend binds me to the feeling of happiness which I had experienced throughout my childhood.

"But atleast our plan is working" Ragini said with a grin.

"Your plan" I said. "Which you are not even ready to share with anyone."

"Sanskar the plan is working. And believe me, in a few days time Swara will be with us along with your entire family and there will be a big cele..." but she stopped abruptly.

"What big celebration?"  I snapped irritated by her attitude.

"What is your brother's name?" She asked me with a mad gleam in her eyes.

"What?" I was surprised. From what I could gather Ragini didn't care about me or Swara from a long period of time. Why she was helping me now I had no idea? And why was she now asking about my dead brother whom I think she doesn't care about.

"The one who died five years ago" she said. She was facing me now very seriously.

"Laksh Maheshwari" I said. I didn't want to talk about him. He died because of my mistakes.
Rememberimg him now was like drinking a big jug of lava in one shot.

"Do you have a photograph of him?" she asked.

"Yeah" and I picked up the framed photograph from the study table and gave it to Ragini.

For a moment Ragini looked shocked and nearly gasped. I blinked my eyes several times to see if this was the kind Ragini who made promises and won bets once before. But I was wrong I saw the cold hearted hard core face again as she gave the photograph back yo me.

She started walking towards the door and stopped. She turned and looked into my eyes and said, I will call you soon and tell about the next phase of the plan. Till then, goodbye

And with that she walked away.