Chapter twelve

I run my fingers through my hair.
Why is work always so stressful?
I take a deep breath, and uncurl my fists.

I look out the windows to my left.
I see nothing but sky, and a few buildings.

I notice gray clouds forming, swallowing the sun.
That explains my awful headache.
I hear a knock at the door, and I say, "Come in," in a real pissed off tone.

Tris walks in, with something in her hand. The black dress she's wearing hugs her body in all the right places.

She walks up to my desk, and sits on top of it. The dress pulls up her thighs a little, but she doesn't bother pulling the fabric back down.

"So, we've finally got a model." She says, setting a model of the new phone I've-we've been working on for so long.
I pick it up.

It's so light weight.
Perfect size, not to big, not to small.
There is a small camera at the top of the phone, but no home button like my last one.

I turn it to the side, and the screen stretches all the way around the edges, so you can see parts of the screen on the sides of the phone.
The on button is on the side of the phone.

I flip the phone around, and the Eaton Tech logo is on the back. (Top Of Page)

I press the on button, and the phone turns on.
It has the time at the top, with the date right under it. The wallpaper is black.
It looks like my regular lock screens for all of my phones.

I don't take much more time observing it, even though I feel like I should. I just don't have the time to do anything anymore.

"This," I say, laying the phone on the table, "is quite impressive."
She frowns at me.
"You are lying through your teeth. I can tell." She says. I️ roll my eyes.
"Be honest, or we are never going to actually improve this." She picks up the model off the table.

I sigh. "It's to much like the other ones that were created before, but my brain can't project any good ideas to improve it."

She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "We can, And will brainstorm some more ideas for this to be better. I promise."

I rest my hand on her thigh, and rub circles on her skin with my thumb.
I whisper, "I wish we where alone."

She blushes, and laughs a little. "We are alone."
I shake my head, and point at the cameras in each corner of the room,
"No, Tris, I don't think we are alone. We have some company."

She rolls her eyes at me, then leans close to me, connecting my lips with hers.
I saver the moment, pulling her closer to me, across the top of my desk, papers falling in the floor.

She eventually sits in front of me, her legs dangling of my desk. I pull her towards me, not breaking the kiss, and put her in my lap.

We soon pull away, to catch our breath.
I look at her, my hand tangled in her hair.
"Do you think we are putting on a good show?" I ask her.
She blushes.
"Always."

She kisses me one last time, then gets off of me.
"Later?" I ask her, pouting my lower lip. She laughs, and walks out of my office.

God, the things she does to me.
I pick up the papers she scattered on the floor, and continue what I was doing before, which, I don't remember what the hell it was.

I just want this day to be over with, so I can spend my time with Tris.

•••

I close the door to the bedroom, and Tris throws herself on my bed, her hair framing her face.
I walk towards her, and hover over her, my hands on either side of her head.