Edd x Heartbroken Reader: Heaven's Gonna Wait (songfic)

You sighed shakily as tears streamed down your cheeks. You couldn't believe he had broken up with you. Yeah it had been a few weeks but you had just seen him walking down the road holding hands with (F/N). You couldn't believe they would do that to you. (F/N) had been your friend since (-insert how long you have been friends here.-). Wiping tears from your face you walked down the street towards home like you originally intended. You gripped tightly onto the straps of your bag. The huge hood of your sweater drooped over your face, hiding the pain filled, heartbroken tears that stained your face with their gleaming snail trails of sadness. You turned down the shortcut road you and Edd had found together. Edd has always been there for you. Everytime you got hurt he was there by your side making you feel better. He was your best friend. You continued to wipe tears from your cheeks as you walked through the front door of the house. You snuck passed the couch and ran up to your room and shut the door behind you.

Edd had seen you walk through the front door. He immediately knew on of his friends was upset. Tobe honest you really didn't make it a secret either. He gave you five minutes to yourself before going up to your room. He walked up the staurs. Tom looked at him however, he brushed it off and took a sip from his flask, looking back at the television. Edd gently knocked on your door.
"(Y/N), are you okay in there?" He asked. He heard a afew sniffles and some shuffling and the door opened. He looked down at his tear soaked friend. She let him in and he sat you down on your bed. Sitting down beside you He placed a hand on your shoulder.
"Was it (Ex's Name (E/N)) again?" He asked calmly. You nodded. He sighed and pulled you into a hug.
"Tell me what you saw." He said resting his cheek on your shoulder.
"W-well, I saw him walking down the street with (F/N). They were holding hands and everything." You sobbed into his shoulder. He rubbed your back.
"I'm so sorry (Y/N). Look, he missing out on a great relationship with a great person. If neither of them can see that than they're not worth your time at all." He said. You smiled and let go of Edd looking at him and wiping more tears front your face.
"Thanks Edd." You said with a smile. He smiled and shrugged.
"No problem. You're my friend. And that's what friend do for each other right?" He asked and you nodded your reply, wiping the remnants of tears from your face.
"Come on." He said taking your hand. You walked along with him to his room.

He sat you down on his bed. Picking up a guitar he sat across from you again. Clearing his throat he looked down at the instrument and began to play it, singing along with the tune he played.
"🎶Always walking straight home
Like the other good girls do
Careful what you wish for
It could never be like you
It's not the right thing baby
Bu t the right thing suits so few
Let's take the other road baby
Cause it looks so good on you

So hold on tight,
It's gonna be a wild wild ride
And tonight, you won't need your wings to fly
Cause angels got a lot to lose
So hang on tight,
I'm gonna make you come to life
And when your there,
You won't need to say your prayers
Cause heavens gonna wait for you

All your golden crosses
Hangin by a single thread
Remember what you are
And forget what the good book said
It's not the right thing baby
Bu t the right thing suits so few
Let's take the other road baby
Cause it looks so good on you-🎶"

Tears poured down your face as you listened to him sing, the pain in your heart fading slowly as you began to sway to the sound of his voice.

Meanwhile, a certain black eyed man downstairs smiled. He knew what his friend was doing. He chuckled and shook his head.
"Damn it Edd, you're so fuckin' cheesy."

"🎶So hold on tight,
It's gonna be a wild wild ride
And tonight, you won't need your wings to fly
Cause angels got a lot to lose
So hang on tight,
I'm gonna make you come to life
And when your there,
You won't need to say your prayers
Cause heavens gonna wait for you

Only the good die young
How can it feel so real and be so wrong
Only the good die young

So hang on tight,
I'm gonna make you come to life
And when your there,
You won't need to say your prayers
Cause heavens gonna wait for you
So hold on tight,
It's gonna be a wild wild ride
And tonight, you won't need your wings to fly
Cause heavens gonna wait for you

Heavens gonna wait for you
Just a little bit longer
Heavens gonna wait for you
Just a little bit longer
Heavens gonna wait for you.🎶" He finsihed the song and put the guitar down and was immediately tackled in a hug from you. He chuckled and hugged you back.
"Do you feel better now?" He asked. You nodded.
"Yeah." You replied as he sat up with you in his arms. He took your face in his hands and leaned down and gently kissed you.

Your face heated up in the brightest blush you've even done and you soon melted into the kiss. Eventually he pulled away, a soft smile on his face.
"I love you (Y/N), I always knew you deserved better than (E/N)." He said softly. You smiled brightly at him.
"I love you too Edd." You replied. You found someone you knew wouldn't hurt you like (E/N) did. Edd was your best friend. Scratch that, he was your boyfriend.

HAHA SURPRISE CHAPTER! Anyway, hope you liked this. The song I used was Heavens Gonna Wait by Hedley. I've linked it at the top. Feel free to suggest another song if yah want.