My Kryptonite, And My Yellow Sun

Author's Note: Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnngggggsssssssssssssssttt. That is all.

Inspired (kinda) by: https://www.deviantart.com/art/You-re-alive-668184249

"She's my kryptonite, and she's my yellow sun. She's my only weakness, and she makes me stronger. I can't do this without her." Kara whispers, hands holding tightly around Lena's colder one, but not as tightly as to hurt her further.

"I know. I know, Kara." Alex said, just as quietly, as she stepped up beside her sister and rubbed her back through the cape and the suit.

~ 5 Hours Prior ~

"Lena!" Supergirl called out, reaching out her hand at the screen as though that would stop the bullets from flying. She couldn't move, but she wasn't bound. She couldn't help her. She'd fallen for Lilian's tricks, something Lena had warned her against over and over again. Now Lena had paid the price. The woman's body fell to the floor, and Kara could've sworn time had slowed down.

Lilian laughed a wicked laugh, more like a cackle than anything else, "Come save her, Supergirl."

"You can't, Kara." Maggie instructed, quietly so that Lilian couldn't hear her through the phone.

"You!" Kara span, facing Maggie and seeming to tower over her. Maybe that was because she had unconsciously floated at least a foot off of the ground, "You told me to stay! I should've been there!" Her anger rose and her eyes began to turn that deadly white, but Maggie knew she wouldn't use her heat vision on her.

"If you had been there she would've gotten shot sooner." Maggie replied, calmer than Kara, "All hell would've broke loose."

"Tut-tut." Lilian's voice came through, "It's time to be a big girl and make your own decisions, Supergirl."

Kara span back around and her eyes fell upon the puddle of dark liquid forming under Lena. Her jaw clenched, tears well in her now-normal eyes, and she took a deep, shaky breath. She looked over to Maggie, who shook her head; to J'onn, who crossed his arms; to Alex, who blinked and lowered her head just an inch. That's all she needed, and she flew from the room before she could be stopped.

"Lilian Luthor." Supergirl all but growled as she crashed through the roof of the warehouse. She'd flown around the city as fast as she could, wiping tears from her eyes as she used x-ray vision to locate the abusive mother and a few of her goons.

"Ah, here she is." Lilian smiled, holding her hands out in front of her, palm-up, as Kara landed with a soft thud. She nodded to the man to her right, and he stepped towards Supergirl.

She punched him in the face, and he was instantly knocked out.

Pathetic.

A second man tried his luck, and he was a little harder to defeat, but soon he too was laying unconscious on the floor.

"Impressive." Lilian muttered, "But they were going to take you to Lena."

Supergirl's brows furrowed as she tried to figure out if that was the truth or not.

"No matter." continued Lilian, "All it means is you have less time to save her."

Kara's jaw clenched and she looked about herself, using x-ray vision until she saw the outline of Lena slumped on the floor.

"Lena!" She called out, similar to when she had earlier, and flew over there.

The other woman had somehow lost her shoes, her olive-green skirt had been torn in various places, and her darker green vest-top was soaked in blood at the side. Supergirl quickly looked her over, making sure she was ok to move and that there weren't any injuries she didn't know about. Once she realised it was only the bullet hole - 'Only.' she thought, 'If I was here she wouldn't have any  at all.' - she gently cradled Lena.