Book Love - 6.

Chapter 6

The warmth of the summer hadn't disappeared just yet and although the air wasn't as hot as it was in other countries, Rory was still basking in what was left of it. When each season came, she loved it, she loved all seasons and could enjoy them all - she didn't have a favourite, but she was happy that summer was almost gone to be replaced with autumn.

She loved summer but after months of it she was excited about a change, but one thing she would miss was the long nights with sunshine that she could sit out and bask in the warmth to read her book like she was doing now. Her back was resting against Lila's arm who was looking over the potions homework she had to finish for tomorrow, a frown to her lips with annoyance, Rory had homework due for next week but both girls knew regardless of Lila's pestering that she wouldn't do it until midnight of the same day it was due.

Her book was about a magical girl unknown to her powers who travelled to a new land with the boy she was in love with, romantic books were a favourite of hers and she loved them terribly. It was a muggle book and she was enjoying it enough that when someone kicked her foot, she didn't even notice them, trapped in a universe different from her own and the gateway was the book resting on her thighs.

"Rory?"

She didn't even hear her name and it was only when an elbow pushed into her back that she let out a yelp, dropped her book and allowed her eyes to snap up. She shielded her eyes from the sun and when Sirius realised what she was doing he stood in front of her, so she would be shielded, "Oh, hey Sirius...what's up are you alright?"

"Oh yeah, fine." He nodded, sitting on the grass beside her when she patted it, "I just wondered if you did the Transfigurations homework yet? James is being a twat and telling me I can do it but the wand movement is all wrong I think."

"I haven't done it," she said, scrambling for her bag whilst Lila greeted Sirius with a kind hello, he replied with a smile and a greeting himself whilst Rory put her book back into her bag and pulled out her notebook that she used in place of parchment.

The first time she turned in homework written on paper, she knew that the Professor was more than wary. It was Flitwick and he looked terribly confused until she explained that it was much easier for her to write on it and it helped her to complete it, and with her reputation as the "I'm sorry I completely and totally forgot about the homework can I please get an extension" girl, anything that could help her complete her homework was definitely and always would be worth it.

She flipped through her transfigurations notes, and Lila would be lying if she said she was surprised. Not only did Rory hardly share her notes with anyone unless they frantically needed help, she needed to be sure that they didn't just sit and do nothing for the class. She knew that it was annoying for her to be like that in some cases, but if she had to do the work with much annoyance then everyone else should have to, too.

Lila didn't know Sirius well and she was surprised that it seemed that Rory knew him much more than she thought as she laughed with the boy whilst she read.

"You got it in class," Rory said, reading through her messy handwriting.

"I got it with your help," he said. Rory had failed to inform Lila that she and Sirius were partners in Transfigurations so to say she was surprised by the two's conversation was a bit of an understatement.

"Well it was just the hand movement and it was the tiniest bit off," she scoffed, finally stopping at a page that seemed to be correct and pushing herself closer to Sirius so that he could read it, "all you have to do is a sort of triangle with a flick at the end and then pull your hand back at the end when it's on the book and you'll be fine."