Book Love - 14.

Chapter 14

"Hugo, hi!" Rory grinned, rushing over to the boy nearing the quidditch pitch. She was sporting a Gryffindor scarf courtesy of Sirius who decided to give her it when she practically pleaded for it. When she thought he wouldn't cave, she decided to turn to Remus who was about to hand his to her when she felt Sirius fall over her shoulders.

Sirius didn't want to admit that the reason he gave her his scarf was that he didn't want to see her sporting Remus', regardless of if they were the same.

"Hi, Rory!" Hugo grinned, "I see you're supporting your friend?"

"Oh yeah, James is playing today cause It's Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, so I thought I'd support him," she smiled, "what about you?"

"Oh, I'm just here for the game." He shrugged, "I try and go to all of them."

"Who is your money on then?" she asked.

"Gryffindor but don't tell anyone that," he laughed, "I have friends in Hufflepuff."

"That's just terrible!" she exclaimed overdramatically, "I bet if they knew what you had just said they would be heartbroken. Do you really want to be responsible for sad puffs?!"

"Oh, believe me, puffs are terrifying when they're sad," he shook his head, "absolutely terrifying."

"No, no, no, they're terrifying when they're angry," she corrected him, "but when they're sad they just look like lost puppies it's truly heart-breaking."

"Oh yes, heart brea-"

"Rory!" she turned when she felt an arm slip around her waist, pulling her into the culprit also known as Sirius whose eyes were firmly on Hugo and his arm was tightening around her, "who's your friend?"

"This is Hugo!" she beamed, wondering why his hand was so tight around her waist but she didn't think anything of it. It wasn't uncommon for him to do that, though he really didn't look so happy with Hugo for some reason.

"Nice to meet you, Hugo," Sirius said, sticking his hand out to which Hugo took. Sirius would be lying if he said that his grip wasn't tighter than usual, in fact, he didn't know if should feel guilty or not when Hugo jumped back, subtly holding his own hand and forcing a smile for Sirius.

"You too, Sirius," Hugo mumbled, knowing fine well who the boy was. It was no denying that he was intimated, everyone knew who Sirius was and anyone who didn't simply lived under a rock to the whole of Hogwarts.

"So, friends?" Sirius asked, his stare lingering on Rory who looked completely confused by his actions and mood and then to Hugo who he forced a smile for.

"Yes, we are friends," Rory snorted, eyebrow raised and her frown deepening, "what is wrong with you today, you're acting so...odd?"

"Me?" Sirius scoffed, "I'm fine! I'm perfect! I'm great!"

"Such an ego," Rory teased, "anyway, remember when I told you about that asshole in the library?"

"Yeah, I recall," Sirius nodded, trying to keep his cool. It was very obvious that he was jealous, Hugo wished to laugh when he finally realised it but Rory was completely unknown to it. She didn't even realise that there was a slither of a possibility that he could be regardless of how he was acting, but Hugo was amused by it.

He was more so amused by even the thought of him and Rory together, it was laughable.

"Well Hugo is the one that finally got him away!" she grinned, "it was so funny!"

"Oh!" Sirius straightened up, realising the gist of the story and Hugo saw the guilty look on his face almost instantly. His eyes shot to Hugo's hand and when Rory turned at the sound of her name, promising to be back in two minutes, Sirius immediately apologised.