Book Love - 20.

Chapter 20

"Can't you just tell Lily that you're busy?" a groaning Sirius pouted. He was tugging more and more on Rory's hand in order to pull her back to his bed and whilst she hadn't spent the night there, he was hoping she would spend the morning.

She had arrived very early to the dorm room and gossiped with Remus for a long while on things he had heard around the castle. He was quite the gossiper, Rory had grown to realise quite a long time ago when he tried to secretly tell her that Sirius liked her, without actually telling her a thing.

It was always amusing for her to talk with Remus and she enjoyed it, he was growing to be one of her closest friends and she felt as comfortable with him as she did with Sirius and the other boys, she felt happy that her group of friends was growing considerably.

But just after Remus had started a long rant about how Flitwick deserved love and maybe he'd be less strict with a special someone in his life, Sirius woke up and saw his girlfriend and immediately wanted her near him.

She had shushed the boy countless times as she listened to Remus, but the scar covered boy finally decided to usher her over to her boyfriend's bed so that he didn't have to listen to the boys whining.

That was how she ended up curled up next to him for almost three hours, half of which had been spent sleeping with her head buried into the crook of his neck and his arms tightly around her and the rest was spent quietly talking to each other about things they had heard, classes and Slughorn's party that was arriving.

Which was exactly why Sirius was whining about her leaving.

"I'll come back later, Sirius." She laughed softly as she squeezed his hand. The pout on his lips hadn't gone unnoticed and saying no to him was incredibly hard with the puppy dog eyes he seemed to have perfected, "don't look at me like that!"

"I'll look at you in the way that gets you to stay." He tugged on her hand once again and she fell down beside him, "when are you meeting the girls?"

"Soon, and I am meeting them. I'm not going to cancel on them just because you want to be lazy, and I'm actually rather excited!" she grinned, bopping his nose with her finger.

"You're very feisty in the morning," Sirius grumbled quietly, "Lily could come here y'know, to see James!"

"She is!" James grumbled from his bed, "now will you two shut the fuck up and sleep or something?!"

"And you call me feisty!" Rory exclaimed, grabbing one of Sirius' pillows and throwing it at James, "how do you know that Lily will be here?!"

"Because she told me last night that she'll come by before meeting you," he muttered, "now until she arrives will you please use your quiet voices?!"

"Fine." Rory turned to a grinning Sirius who was more than happy that he got to spend more time with his girlfriend until Lily arrived to essentially steal her way.

"Now what could we do until Lily gets here?" asked Rory, humming and when Sirius quickly pulled on her arm and threw his around her, she couldn't help her quiet laughter. He had pulled her so tightly into him that she could hardly move but she was surprisingly comfortable, and it wasn't the most surprising thing that she didn't want to move.

He was always so warm, and she was getting used to touching him and him touching her that the very feeling of his hands not on her just felt completely odd. It had crossed her mind how weird it was to get used to someone's touch to the point that it left her feeling bare without his but she was just so comfortable with him that all memories - or most, really - with him involved some sort of innocent touching.