Book Love - 18.

Chapter 18

"Sirius, I don't know about this," Lila said, leaning against the door of the Ravenclaw girl's dormitory with Lily beside her looking just as wary. Rory was just in the common room after hearing Sirius' plan - and as much as she was wary, he was just trying to help her.

"I don't like it one bit," Lily said, shaking her head fully, "there is nothing wrong with her."

"Of course, there is nothing wrong with her!" Sirius exclaimed defensively, his arms flailing.

"Then why in the name of Merlin do you want to give her a makeover?!" Lila snapped, "don't you realise that this could have the potential to mess her up?!"

"It has the potential for her to see that when she gets a makeover she's going to look completely unlike herself. She won't be herself, and she will realise that revealing clothes and a lot of makeup and styled hair is good for some people because they like it, but it's not her and she doesn't need it and she has got to see for herself that she doesn't need it in order to fully realise that she is fucking brilliant just the way she is!" Sirius huffed, running a hand through his hair.

"I don't want her to change, that's not why I thought of this. It's a plan for her to realise that she doesn't need to change," he shook his head, "so will you please help me?"

The two girls were speechless, eyes wide and sharing looks with each other. They hadn't realised it from that angle from when Sirius begged Lila to lift the charm from the girl's dormitory just so he could tell his plan, pulling Lily along for some extra help because he had no idea what he was doing.

But Lila and Lily were the girls Rory wanted to be like - who liked makeup and dressing up and Rory was girly, but her clothes weren't revealing because she liked them like that...Lily liked short skirts and Lila liked to show skin - both being extra skilled in makeup which is why Sirius thought it wise to ask them for help.

He knew it was clear that Rory was inspired by her friends...that she saw herself as nothing because to her - they were everything and she couldn't see that as they grew in their own skin, she could grow in hers.

Lila's shoulders finally slumped, and with a frown, she whispered, "go get her."

"She's going to be crushed after this," Lily whispered, "realising she doesn't know what she wants."

"I'll be there to help her."

"She might not want your help," Lila stopped, turning to speak, "after her mum...she doesn't like to rely on people to help her. She hates the thought of needing someone to cheer her up because it was her mum who cheered her up when she was younger and now she's gone."

"I'm not leaving her," Sirius said, shaking his head, "ever."

Lila nodded, "alright."

"So, when did you realise you loved her," Lily asked when Lila closed the door.

"A few years a- how did you know?" Sirius almost choked, turning to her with wide eyes, "did James-"

"No, James didn't tell me," Lily cut him off, laughing softly, "it's just...obvious fucking hell Sirius look at you! you're completely obsessed with her."

"She should be obsessed with herself," Sirius huffed, "I don't understand why she's not."

"Because she bottles up her insecurities and instead of dealing with them, she hides them," Lily said, "James told me that."

"I'm going to look horrible," Rory announced, "I'm too short!"

"You'll look great!" Lily forced a smile on her lips, playing the role of wanting to do this when she didn't but she understood where Sirius was coming from, and it could help.