Chapter Twenty

Drama is coming

Enzo's POV

I was beyond happy I was headed to "BOCAS". I must admit I love it there, it's literally my #1 place to go-to in town. The minute I stepped in my face widened with a smile by just gazing at their known shakes. I was home.

"Enzo?" Minho called, at a diner style table. He ushered me over with a long slender finger. I smiled, walking over.

Now comes the difficult bit.

If I sit opposite him, it could potentially seem like a date, but if I sit next to him then he might think I'm trying to sit close to him, and his ego does not need to be blown.

Minho raises an eyebrow looking at me intently .
"Well, do you need an invitation to sit down?"
He queried giving me a strange glance.

I laughed nervously.
"Er, no. Where should I sit?"

His eyebrows raised even further at this.
"On a chair?" He stated bluntly.

I rolled my eyes. He can just be such a simple minded creature.
"I mean opposite to you or next to you?" I said, but now saying it out loud. I realized how stupid it sounded.

He smirked at me.
"Wherever you feel comfortable babe." He flirted making me blush.

"Ass." I muttered, deciding to sit opposite him.

Minho's smirk widened.
"Why not near me Enzo?" He questioned.

I turned away from him and looked at the menu. Minho pulled the menu away, smiling devilishly.

"Just sit here, I don't bite." He then came closer, our mouths only centimeters apart.

"Unless you want me to." He whispered.

It felt like I had run a marathon. My heart rate was quickening up and I was panting like a fuck.

"Hold your horses cowboy!" I hollered at him. I couldn't actually let him know he had that effect on me, even tho it was quite obvious.

"What made you come out on a date with me? My good looks or my good looks?"
He questioned teasingly.

I smiled. This guy was full of humor wasn't he? I put my hand to my chin and rubbed, in a pretend to think.
"Hmm, nope I think it was because I felt sympathy for your ugly ass. I'm a very giving person." I smirked back at him.

[That's something Nicole previously Amber would say]

He raised an eyebrow, obviously impressed. "Aha, you're not as quiet as I thought you were," amusement laced his tone, as well as interest as he regarded me. I smile taking it as a compliment. In response Minho folded his arms, smirking ever so slightly.

"I guess you deserve an explanation, right?" He mused tiredly, but it was a different kind of tiredness- the kind of tiredness that no amount of sleep would heal. I ignored all logical thoughts that came to my head and encouraged him to carry on. He smiled slightly at me before speaking.

"It's my dad. I know he's never said it out loud, but I can see it from his eyes, the way he looks at me. He's disappointed in the way I've turned out. He hasn't ever said anything about it to me, but I know, I know how he feels about me. I've always known." He was now staring at the walls, deep in thought. His face was emotionless.

"I just... can't change myself like that and I can tell it upsets him and I hate it. I hate being the one that causes that... that pain, that internal suffering." He said, his voice was the entire opposite to his face; it was raw filled with unearth emotions and utter resentment- not to anyone else but himself. I watched as his expression altered as he smiled slightly.

"I remember when I was younger my dad would talk about my love life, and back then I found it weird and made fun of it every chance I got. But that didn't mean I didn't listen. He used to wish I'd meet a girl who was intelligent and full of life. That's his dream, and I'm going to make it happen."

"Err, dude what are you gonna do about it?" I asked confused.

"I like you Enzo, a lot actually, but we cannot be an item. I'm kinda flirting with Violet to achieve my goal and make my dad proud of me. I know it sounds creepy but I kinda need to." He said void of emotion.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. I just couldn't...

"Umm I kinda lost my appetite, so I'm gonna head home now.. alone." I emphasized that I wanted to be alone.

"You sure? I can give you a ride." He said concerned.

"Yeah, I need time to think, so, bye!" I hollered at him while gazing at the floor.

As I found my way out of the restaurant I realized I was indeed hungry. Saying I had lost my appetite was an excuse to leave provided I didn't come up with an elaborate excuse, that had to be the one. I need to think things through, sleep on it, make a list of pros and cons.

How can life manage to throw curveball at me every time?

I'm so sorry for the short chapter.. you all know Minho's Secret now. This explains his irrational behavior, but will enzo hate him or love him? Please comment and let me know what you think.

Ps: Kate and Amber if you're reading this I'd like to say thank you. Your tips about Minho made this possible.

With love
-INT(ENZO)