Chapter Twenty Four

The moment the lunch bell rang, I shout out to my seat, straight to the library. Every minute counted. I made it to the library in 2 minutes where Mrs Green nodded at me, acknowledging my expected presence.

I strolled over to my spot, right in the corner, hidden behind all the towering bookshelves. I settled down and lay back, shutting my eyes. Just as I was about to drift off, I heard scuffling next to me. My heart went into overdrive and my eyes snapped open just to see a familiar face.

I immediately backed further into my corner when Minho grinned at me. I frowned, "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you, and also I've been dying to do this." With that he pressed his lips against mine.

It's the kind of kiss people share when they think they're never going to see each other again. The kind of kiss that lovers over centuries have shared. The kind of kiss that shows how hopelessly in one another you are. The kind of kiss that says you don't care about anything else but that moment, that other person, their lips against yours. The kind of kiss where it feels where you feel like you need each other more than you need oxygen or food. The kind of kiss where they're part of you, another limb, another organ. They're the word that echoes through your body with every beat of your heart.

Unfortunately if I once had feelings for him, they were completely gone and this kiss just made it crystal clear. I quickly began backing away until Minho pulled me toward him.

"If you don't like me, why in the world are you so afraid of me?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"I'm not afraid."

Nicole spat out her cold coffee while entering the library. "Who the heck made you Eminem?"

Violet and Emma both said, "get away from him." Then they looked at Minho and me, who still had his hands holding on to my arms.

He whispered, "Then say you don't like me."

"I don't like you!" I yelled while gazing at the floor.

He growled "Say it without looking away."

I looked at him, straight in the eyes. Oh god! The eyes!

"I don't L.I.K.E you!" I said with a grin on my face.

"Err that's your cue to leave." Nicole faked a smile.

"Hey, Enzo."  Emma smiled at me.

"What?" I snapped back.

"Why are you sleeping here during lunch?"

"Well it's kind of my new hiding place, and you're invading my nap time." I say trying to hold my laughter.

"Nap time? Aw, that's cute. Do you have a schedule for your many play dates too?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

They all shut up after that. I pretended to be asleep until I heard them sigh. I didn't even breathe until I heard them walk away. The moment they did, I took in about seven breaths and then opened my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends but sometimes I feel like I just need some alone time.

"Enzo!" Minho yelled at me.

"We are in a library keep your voice down and  please leave me alone. I think I made myself clear when I said I do not like you!" I yelled at him contradicting my prior statement that we are in a library but at the moment I didn't care.

"Didn't you like the kiss?" He said with hopes I'd come to my senses and say yes.

"Minho look, don't go down that road. You're very attractive, at first you caught my eye but after all that's happened I just, I cannot deal with it. I don't need these vibes in my life." I said honestly looking at him straight in the eyes while breathing and calming myself down.

"Enzo, I'm no expert at relationships," he started, his voice quiet, "but I know they're never easy. Perfect relationships just don't exist. No matter how compatible two people are, there're hardships, there're fights, there're many times when you wonder if it's even worth it."

I fought down a smile. It almost sounded as if he was sympathizing with me. But I knew what he wanted, I knew it wasn't real.

"But..." I drawled and my heart plummeted to my stomach. "This little cycle here? Yeah, I can't do it."

It was quiet for a long minute. "So..." He finally spoke up, trying not to look crestfallen. "You don't want to be with me?"

"I want to be happy, and around you I will not find happiness." I stated the obvious.

"Don't I make you happy? I promise I could make you happy." He said with a widen smile, as if he was trying his best to make me change my mind.

"Dance parties to rad music makes me happy, spending time with my friends makes me happy, people not judging me nor trying to use me for their own benefit makes me happy. Coffee, polar bears, hot guys who aren't utter fuckboys, wearing soft pajamas and thick, fluffy socks in winter, baking cookies. All those things make me happy."

"What do you want then?" He trailed off confused.

"I wanna meet people that make me forget about using my phone. I wanna see water so clear I can see myself in the reflection. I wanna see roads that look like they have no ending. I wanna see a field so big you could build an entire town in it, and I wanna run in those fields, I wanna run until my legs give out. I wanna fall into a big, soft bed and just lay, I wanna lay there endlessly, with no distractions, no obligations, and no care in the world. I want to feel free." I said with a smile on my face.

"Minho, I want you to be happy and accepted by your parents." I stared at him, waiting for him to answer.

"Enzo, I-I Love you."

Oh god the feels..

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever but I've been blocked and Christmas is 1 week away, to be honest I've tried writing but I always stop like 2min in.

Thank you so much for reading. I'm really proud of this story but it's 5am and I haven't gotten any sleep so night, morning, mid day, quanza, Easter, Fourth of July, or whenever you're reading this.

Vote? Comment? Share? Maybe? Call me?

I need to go to sleep.. haha

With love
-INT(ENZO)