Chapter Seven

The weekend passed very tensely indeed. I laid about the house and moaned out my discontent, waiting for Sandy Ballsack to emerge from his room so we may communicate with each other, but he never did. I was worried, because the band members told me that there wasn't a bathroom connected to his room, or a mini fridge in there, but mostly I was sad and pissed off.

On Monday morning I laid on the couch, intent on not getting up or going to school when I had the much better option of moping until I physically assimilated with the furniture. The band members came in and stood around me, looks of familial concern on their faces.

"Sally, our sister and now best friend, you can't just lay around all day!" cried Bashley.

"Yes, my dear sweet and extremely beloved child, you must get up and continue on!" added Rake.

"But I have nothing to live for if Sandy doesn't love me," I sobbed into a couch cushion.

"Maybe so," chirped Jeremy Miles, "but at the very least you can be sad and educated."

"That's right! Many adults are sad but able to fill the void in their souls because they went to college and got degrees, thus allowing them to find stable, lucrative jobs in fields of their choices," reasoned DD.

"Yeah, I guess you guys are right," I nodded. So I got up and went to school.

After everything that had happened on Friday, I was expected a lot of shit to go down once I walked through the doors, but to my surprise, it did not go down the way I imagined! Instead of someone tripping me and then dragging my body across a carpeted floor to give me full frontal rug burn, I was greeted by a sea of cheering and admiring students! It turned out that they had all seen me on social media singing on a stage with a band, so they thought I was super cool all of a sudden.

It was nice to be liked, but it was super hard to break through the crowd of people to try and get to my first class.

"Mind if I walk you to class?" asked a voice right next to me, which turned out to be Coolton Badboyham.

"Sure!" I chirped, getting a blush when he took my hand and started making a path through the masses of people.

"You've really made a name for yourself," he chuckled, looking at me from under his sunglasses. My heart dropped down into my crotch before hopping back up to my chest.

"Yeah, it's so weird!" I laughed, when suddenly my eye caught on very bland girl standing at the edge of the crowd wearing basic clothes and no make up. She stared at me with dead, soulless eyes that held no more joy or purpose. "Who's that?"

Coolton looked over and grimaced. "That's Prissy."

"What?!" I disbelieved. "No way!"

"Yeah. After you became the talk of the town, no one cared about her anymore," he explained smartly. "She's been ruined."

"Wow.." I murmured, feeling bad for her for some fucking reason.

So then school happened and Coolton walked me home again, but this time he walked me to Sandy's house instead of my mom's house, because after living there for about three days Sandy's house felt like home to me.

Except once Coolton wished me a good day and I got inside, Sandy was SO MAD at me.

"WHO THE FUCK WAS THAT," he shouted, slamming his hand against a wall and crying out in pain.

I got him an ice pack from the fridge before screaming back at him, "THAT WAS MY FRIEND. AM I NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FRIENDS?"

"NO," he replied, "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE GUY FRIENDS WHO ARE ATTRACTIVE AND MAKE ME FEEL THREATENED."

"WHY DO YOU FEEL THREATENED?" I cried out. "I'VE SHOWN SO MUCH INTEREST IN YOU AND YOU'VE JUST TURNED ME AWAY."

"BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT TO COMPENSATE FOR AND A VERY FRAGILE EGO POWERED BY BRAVADO AND TOXIC HYPERMASCULINITY," he admitted. "SO I WANT YOU TO NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN."

"NO," I refused.

"YES," he urged me.

"NO," I refused.

"YES," he urged me.

This went on for a while until I screamed, "I HATE YOU, MOM. I MEAN, SANDY," and ran up into my room and slammed the door and fell on my bed to cry large sad tears.

Little did I know that someone had seen the whole thing happen from outside the living room window. She watched as Sandy sat on the couch and ran both hands through his hair obsessively, an evil grin stretching over her nude lipgloss smile. With all of the cards seemingly in her hand, Prissy stole away into the bright afternoon, set on doing.... Something I would find out about in the next chapter. Oooooo.