12. treat you better - beverly marsh

Requested?:
Yes:[✔️] ; by @trashmouthtoizier
No: []

Song?: Yes ; "Treat You Better" by Shawn Mendes

Beverly rolled her eyes as Cody's boyfriend, Bryce, tried to kiss her cheek for the sixth time. Even Bill, the usually cool and collected of the group, seemed to get annoyed.

Cody laughed and shoved the boy away playfully. "Chill, dude," she teased as Bryce pouted at her. "I'm kinda sick. Don't know if you want my cold."

Eddie's face contorted. "You have a cold!" he cried, having to take a puff from his inhaler. Cody pretended to sneeze at him, and he shrieked, burying himself in the seat next to Richie.

"I don't care," Bryce answered, pecking her cheek again. When he attempted for another, the girl pushed him away again. "Fine, whatever," he paused, before looking at the girl's short blonde hair. "Why do you keep it like that?"

"My hair?" Cody asked, and he nodded with a raised eyebrow. She lightly tugged at a strand of it, her glasses slipping to the tip of her freckled nose. "Well, I, I," the girl stumbled for a reason to give him.

Beverly interrupted. "I like it that way," she said. "We match," she motioned to her own short red hair, which feel delicately to her ears. Cody smiled, and Bryce rolled his eyes. "Why is it your concern anyways?" she questioned accusingly.

Bryce looked offended. "She's my girlfriend," he responded.

"So?" Beverly challenged.

Bryce turned to Cody. "Can we talk?" he glared at Beverly. "Alone and outside?" Cody sighed and slid out of the booth, knowing what was coming. He took the girl by the wrist and dragged her outside and down the alley beside the store. "What the hell was that?" he exclaimed, shoving the girl against the brick wall harshly.

"What was what?" Cody asked, confused and her head throbbing.

"How about you answer my damn questions and treat your boyfriend with a little respect," he snarled, gripping the girl's arm tightly, surely to leave a bruise. "Understand?" Cody nodded, and he let go of her. "Now," he continued, leaning in to kiss the girl's lips.

Cody turned her head and his lips hit her cheek. "Bryce, I'm sick, remember?"

He grabbed her face with his hand. "I don't give a fuck!" he shouted, holding her against the wall. When he attempted to kiss her again, she mustered all her strength and shoved him a few feet away from her. He glared at her evilly. "Bitch!" He stalked towards her and struck her face with his hand.

Cody fell to the ground, clutching her cheek with tears pooling at her eyes. Bryce walked off, leaving her alone, knowing she wouldn't say anything. He had filled her with fear. Fear was deadly.

The girl sat up against the wall, her tears stinging her red cheek. It wasn't the first time he had hit her. He'd done it several times. He knew she couldn't stand up for herself and bullied her physically. She was stuck like this.

"Cody?" called a voice, and the brown-eyed girl looked up to see Beverly walking towards her slowly. "Are you okay?"

The girl took off her glasses and wiped her eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine, Bev."

Beverly shook her head and helped the girl off the ground. "You're not fine," she responded. Cody lowered her head and slipped the glasses back onto her face. "Did he hit you again?"

Cody nodded. "Yeah." Beverly was the only person the girl had told about her abusive relationship with Bryce. When the blonde-haired girl found the redhead crying in the bathroom after her father had beat her, they confided in each other about their awful lives. They understood each other.

"Why don't you leave him?" Beverly asked her.

"I can't," she answered honestly. "I have no one else to turn to. No one else in my life that will always be there like him. Even if he's terrible to me, he's always been there for me."

Beverly sighed. This girl was broken, much like herself. To be honest, Beverly liked Cody, a lot and not just as a friend. It was ridiculous and unthinkable for two girls to love each other like a boy and a girl would, but Beverly didn't care. She was head-over-heels for Cody, and she hated to see her in so much pain, especially caused by some boy who didn't know what an amazing girl he had. "Can I tell you something?"

Cody looked at Beverly strangely. "Yeah, of course, Bev. You can tell me anything."

"I don't wanna lie to you, Cody," she started. "You and I both know that he's not good for you in anyway. Your health, your mind, your whole self is hurting because of him. I can see it in your face. You've spent all this time in this bad situation with this bad boyfriend of yours. It's not good for you at all."

Cody raised her eyebrows at the girl. "Bev, you're not making sense. What are you talking about?" she asked.

Beverly rubbed her face before dropping her hands to her side. "I need to tell you something, but you can't freak on me, okay?" Cody nodded. "I like you, not as a friend though. I think I love you. And I know that it's wrong to feel this way, but I know I can treat you so much better than that douchebag can. You deserve someone who you can trust and who will always be around when you need them to."

Cody shifted her feet. "Bev, I don't know what to say."

"Just listen for another minute then," Beverly answered. "We will be fine, got it. All this fucked up shit we've gone through will end. We'll get through this together. You don't have to do this alone, you know that, right? I'll never let you down. I promise. Just take my hand, and we will be okay. Yeah?"

Cody stood there for a moment. She thought about Bev. Deep down she knew she loved Beverly too. She knew that it would be considered so wrong by everyone, but thinking on it, Cody didn't care. "Yes," she responded. "Let's get through this," she paused. "Together."