15. choice - richie tozier & eddie kaspbrak

Requested?:
Yes: [✔️] ; by @dazeondolan
No: []

Song?: No

"I swear to God if one more person touches me, I might die of AIDS," Eddie exclaimed, exasperated as he sat down at the rectangular table in the science classroom. Lana laughed at the boy as he shivered in disgust. Their science teacher, Mr. Peters, wasn't the best at seating charts, considering he placed Lana, Eddie, Richie, Bill, and Stan all at one table. Hey, it was his fault, not theirs.

Richie rolled his eyes. "That's not how you get AIDS, you nitwit," he answered, glancing at the teacher, who was paying no attention to them. "You get AIDS by..."

"Beep beep, Richie," Lana cut him off with a chuckle. "There are children around," she motioned to Bill and Stan, who shook their heads at her.

Richie leaned forward across the table. "Children need to be educated properly," he argued with a smirk. "That's what I was doing."

"I don't exactly think you should be teaching Sex Ed, Rich," Eddie said. "You know nothing about it." When Richie opened his mouth, Eddie added, "And don't say you're not a virgin because that's bullshit."

Richie raised his eyebrows. "Oh, and you know so much about it?"

Eddie smirked. "Yeah, I've been practicing on your sister." Richie glared at him and tried to grab his collar, but Eddie dodged it, hiding behind the girl next to him.

"Jesus, can't you two ever get along?" Lana asked. "You two disagree and fight about everything." The girl had a point. They did disagree over every little thing, except for one: liking Lana.

It wasn't hard to develop a crush on Lana. Her caramel-colored skin was flawless, and her long curly brown hair always fell perfectly down her back. Her smile was beautiful and when she did so, her hazel eyes lit up with bright green flecks. Both boys were utterly entranced by their friend.

They may agree about her, but they also fight over her. A lot. If anything caused more drama between the two friends, it was Lana. She couldn't be with both of them obviously. Embarrassing each other and trying to impress her were constant objectives. They were ruthless.

"We get along fine," Richie countered, "as long as Wheezy here doesn't act like a fucking dumbass. Then again, that's almost all the time."

Eddie rolled his eyes. "Richie's just sexually frustrated because he can't keep his dick calm in his pants." Lana giggled. "He could see a fucking horse and pop a boner."

"I do not!" Richie cried. Bill and Stan sat quietly as the two bickered, acting like perfect angels while theirs friends went at each other across the table.

Lana burst out laughing. "I wasn't aware you were sexually attracted to horses, Rich. But, hey, you do you." This caused Eddie to chuckle, as well as Bill and Stan. This was entertaining for them, honestly.

Richie grinned. "You know what. He's right. Whenever I see a horse, my dick goes crazy. Maybe that's why I bang your mom, Eddie." Eddie's face went red and he stood up.

"Okay, okay," Lana put her arm across his chest and shoved him back into his seat. "That's enough. From both of you." She gave Richie a look, and he crossed his arms, leaning back in his seat. "Why do you guys act like this, honestly? It's like I'm your mother."

Stan snorted and decided to speak up. "They think it'll impress you," he commented, causing both boys to glare. "Their mind's must be strange places if they think insulting each other will make you fall head-over-heels for them."

Richie slammed a hand on the table. "Shut the fuck up, Stan. You don't know what you're talking about." Eddie nodded his head with a frantic and panicked look on his face.

"He-he's right th-th-though," Bill replied. "And, you know it."

Lana looked in between the two boys with a raised eyebrow. "Is this true?" They stayed quiet. "Guys, is what they're saying true?"

"Yes," Richie muttered.

"Okay, that's what I thought. I mean, why would you guys be fighting over... wait what?" Lana hadn't been expecting that to be true. "Are you serious?"

Eddie nodded. "Yeah," he responded. "It's true."

Lana's mouth fell open and she stared at them. "You guys fight. Over me?" The two boys nodded in unison. "Really?" Once again, they nodded. "Oh," was all she could say.

"Who do you like?" Eddie asked, before covering his mouth with his hand.

"Good going dipshit," Richie mumbled, smacking him across the table.

Lana opened her mouth, but no words came out. She liked them both. Richie was funny and always knew how to make her laugh, but Eddie was sweet and always made sure she was okay. She cared about them so much. "I, I don't know," she answered. "I like both of you."

Richie sighed. "Would you even consider going out with either of us?"

"Of course," Lana all but shouted, shocking them. "I mean, you guys are the best ones in the whole school. Including you two," she motioned to Stan and Bill, who gave her smiles. "I, I just need to think. Okay?"

Eddie nodded, and Richie shrugged. "I have an idea," Stan said, and they leaned forward for him to continue. "Is tomorrow night enough time?" Lana nodded. "At exactly, six o'clock tomorrow night, Lana will outside whoever's house she chooses."

The three agreed and it was settled. Lana had until tomorrow night. And let's say that it was all she thought about. She listed all the pros and cons of each boy. It was hard, so hard. She didn't want to hurt either of them.

The following night rolled around all too quickly for Lana and not quick enough for the two boys. They had not been allowed to influence the girl in any way, so it was a fair shot for both. At 5:58, Eddie looked out his window. No sign of the girl.

Richie sat in his room, hugging his knees to his chest, laying his chin on them. His glasses slipped forward. He watched his watch switch to 5:59. To be honest, he wasn't expecting Lana to be at his house. Eddie was way nicer and the better choice for someone like Lana, as much as he hated to admit that.

6:00. His watch beeped at him. He cut it off with a sigh. She didn't come. The realization had set in. Eddie was the one she wanted to be with. He closed his eyes and buried his face in his knees. "Richie?"

The boy's head popped up and he looked at his doorway. Lana stood with a smile, eyes meeting his. "Lana?" he asked. "How did you get in?"

"Window was unlocked," she answered simply.

They stared at each other in perfect silence. Richie finally scrambled to his feet and walked over to her. "You chose me?" he asked quietly, as if he didn't want to know the answer.

"Yeah," she replied.

"Why?" he questioned.

Lana looked down. "Why not?" Richie grinned at her, and Lana smiled back. Leaning in, he connected their lips, cupping the back of her neck. His glasses hit her face, and they broke apart laughing.

"Poor Ed," Richie said. "I almost feel bad for him."

Lana smacked his shoulder. "Even when you're in a sentimental moment, you're still an ass. You know that, Richie?"

"It's what I do best," he responded, and the girl rolled her eyes. "Does it impress you?" he asked cheekily with a smirk.

"I'm not going to answer that," she replied.

Richie shrugged. "Fair enough." Richie smiled at the ground. "I honestly didn't think you were coming. Thought you'd choose Wheezy."

"Just shut up and kiss me, Tozier," she answered, and so he did.