37. documentary - henry bowers and patrick hockstetter

Requested?:
Yes: [✔️] ; by @Stan_the_pervy_jew
No: []

Song?: No

a/n: this imagine is in a "documentary" style. it has 3 parts: 1 is background info, 2 is choosing Henry, and 3 is choosing Patrick.

also, i wanted to do something kinda cool / kinda weird with it so I'm having Victor be the narrator for some of it as if he's talking while filming. so when you see Italics in this imagine it's Victor talking, not a flashback and when you see regular text it's me/author narrating

I hope this makes everything clear for this imagine.

The blond-haired boy fiddled with the video camera in his hands. He knew his friends would be furious if the found out they were his topic of interest for his film class. Sighing, he switched on the camera and pointed it towards his face. "Victor Criss. Documentary. Film Class. January 1989," he spoke. "Topic: how one girl can bring out the best in two people who seem to be the worst."

Part One

The lens zoomed in on the first target. Subject One. Henry Bowers, age sixteen. Son of police officer, Butch Bowers, and Derry's most notorious bully. Victor rolled his eyes. It felt awkward talking about his friend like this. Known for leading the Bowers Gang and for consistently going after the same group of four kids. Usually seen with a switchblade and his three other friends. His likes include: knives, blood, and Serenity.

Henry walked around the school grounds, and several kids dashed out of his path, including the Losers Club, who Henry liked to pick on. He flipped his knife open and shut subconsciously, sending fear down anyone who was within ten feet of him.

The boy walked over to Belch Huggins' blue Trans-Am, where he gave Belch a nod in greeting. Neither of them saw Victor, but that was the point. He had told them that he wasn't going to be able to come with them today. At least, not along with them.

Victor panned the camera over to someone else. Subject Two. Patrick Hockstetter, age sixteen. Obsessed with fire and dead animals. Victor didn't want to say anymore about that last thing. Assumed to be a psychopath, but no one knows for sure. Carries around a lighter and hair spray at all times. Likes fire, death, and Serenity.

The black-haired boy sauntered over to the other two. He looked lanky compared to them, but no one would ever tell him that. His eyes dashed around, eyeing everyone and everything. "She's not here yet?" he asked simply.

"No," Henry shook his head, looking somewhat annoyed. "You know how she is," he continued, making the taller boy nod.

The girl they were talking about appeared, walking out of the front doors, and Victor turned the camera towards her. Subject Three. Serenity, age sixteen. One of the most popular girls at Derry High, and only girl member, sort of, of the Bowers Gang. Friends with everyone. Well-liked, especially by Henry Bowers and Patrick Hocksetter.

The brown-haired girl hurried over to the car, where she smiled and gave a small wave. "Sorry," she apologized. "I didn't mean to make you guys wait."

A ghost of a smile appeared on Henry's lips as he looked at her, and Patrick's eyes settled on her instead of flying around. They were both helplessly attached to this girl. "It's okay," Henry answered, softly, pushing a piece of her hair out of her face. You can see how she affects Henry. Some might say he's gone soft, but, no. It's more like he's found something he doesn't want to hurt.

Patrick rolled his eyes, before wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Yup. Don't worry about it," he told her, earning a glare from Henry. You can also see how Patrick changes when she's around. He's calmer, like she's keeping him sane.

Serenity picked up in the tension. "Guys, what's going on?" she asked. "You're acting weird." Victor smiled to himself. This is where things get interesting.

Patrick shook his head and tried to play it off, but Henry clenched his fist. "You know what? I'm done with all this bullshit! I'm tired of trying to hide it and act like I don't care!" he shouted.

Serenity took a small step back. "What are you talking about?" I don't think she's scared. She seems to just be giving him space. Belch, who looked very uncomfortable, quietly dismissed himself from the conversation, going back behind the school to most likely wait it out.

Henry grabbed Patrick's arm, pulling him so they both stand in front of the girl. "Listen, I like you, Serenity, but so does he," he gestured to the taller boy. "I promise that neither of us will get mad, right?" he looked at Patrick, who nodded. "Just tell us, who do you like? And I don't mean as a friend."

Serenity's mouth opened, and she thought for a second that this was a joke. But, she saw the serious look on their faces, and she pushed her doubt away instantly. "Well," she knew who she wanted to say, because she had liked him for a long time. "I... I like..."

Part Two

Serenity sighed, before saying his name. "Henry," she told them. "I like Henry." She gave an apologetic smile to Patrick, who looked down and nodded. "Sorry, Patrick," she whispered. She's considerate to his feelings.

The black-haired boy turned on his heel and walked off. Serenity sighed, but didn't follow him. He needs his space, to calm down and think. Henry took the girl gently by the shoulders, looking into her blue eyes with his own. "You really like me?" he asked, almost unsure if she was telling the truth.

"Yeah," she answered, and that was all he needed. He leaned down a kissed her for only a few seconds before pulling her into a hug. She brings out the real Henry Bowers. With that, Victor turned off the camera.

Part Three

Serenity cast her eyes away from them before glancing at the taller boy. "Patrick. I like Patrick," she said, firmly. The black-haired boy immediately scooped her into a hug, before pulling her into his side. Henry pinched his lips together, not saying anything, but instead wandering off to go find Belch. I can't tell if Henry is disappointed or angry.

"I always knew you'd choose me," Patrick said cockily. The girl rolled her eyes, shoving him playfully. "I'm just kidding," his tone lowered to something just above a whisper. "I didn't think you would."

Serenity stood on her toes, holding his face in her hands. "It will always be you, Patrick. Always," she replied, looking deep into his eyes. He grinned before holding the back of her neck and pressing his lips to hers. When he pulled away, all he did was smile. Not one of his crazed, psychotic smiles. A real, genuine smile. She brings out the real Patrick Hocksetter. With that, Victor turned off the camera.