21. at fault - victor criss

Requested?:
Yes: [✔️] ; by @Charolette_12
No:[]

Song?: No

Forbidden love is romantic. Unrequited love is heartbreaking. Secret love? That all depends. Is it for the better? Or for the worse? Why is it secret? Is someone embarrassed? Is someone in danger? The reasons vary.

One girl in particular had a case of secret love. Serenity. The girl who smiled a lot at everyone, including teachers. The girl who threatened to give Greta Keene a black eye when she was getting up in Beverly Marsh's face. The girl who sported blue eyes that seemed to light up whenever she spoke. The only girl, and unofficial member, of the Bowers Gang.

Everyone at school always saw her talking constantly with Victor Criss. Victor Criss. The boy with natural platinum blond hair. The boy who was the best of the worst boys in Derry. The boy who only seemed to smile when Serenity was around him. The boy who was in that secret relationship too.

That's right. Serenity and Victor. The secret love, hidden because it would cause a shitstorm. They loved each other, but they never knew if Derry would love them. So, they kept it secret. It was only theirs. Theirs to hold and have. And that was fine. For a while, at least.

It was almost a year of dating, when Victor suggested something to his girlfriend. They were at his house, and Serenity was sitting on the couch, the boy's head laying in her lap. She subconsciously ran her fingers through the blond hair of the boy, while she flipped the page of her book. "Serenity?" Victor started, and the girl gave a nod for him to continue as she read the words on the paper. "I think we should tell people about our relationship."

This caused the girl to close her book and look down into his brown eyes. "Tell people?" she questioned, "As in, letting everyone know we're dating?"

Victor nodded, his nose scrunching up at her words as he sat up from his sprawled-out position. "You don't want to?"

"No!" the girl answered quickly, not wanting him to get the wrong idea. "I do, I really do, Vic. It's just," she paused, sighing while dragging her fingers through her brown hair.

"It's just, what?" he pushed, looking into her eyes.

Serenity let her shoulders drop. "What about Henry?" The name fell from her lips and Victor's face dropped, as if he forgot about the other boy. "What will he think?"

Victor stood up pacing back and forth on the wooden floor. Henry was unpredictable. Who knows how he would take to them dating? "I don't know," he said, "I don't fucking know what he'll think!" He threw his hands into the air. "It's all fucking bullshit! This is all my fucking fault!"

"Vic? How is this your fault?" Serenity asked, standing up.

"Because I'm his fucking friend in his dumb fucking gang where he controls fucking everything!" Victor shouted, turning to her. "It's my fault we can't tell anyone about us."

Serenity put her hand on Victor's shoulder. "No, it's not, Vic."

"Yes, it is," he answered coldly, shrugging her hand off. "You wouldn't understand."

The girl rolled her eyes. Victor didn't have anger problems or a temper like Henry, but every once in a while, he would go into a frenzy of irritation and get irrational. It was best to let him cool off. "Okay, fine, whatever," Serenity said, grabbing her jacket, and slipping it on. "Come talk to me when you've got your head screwed on tight enough again."

She walked out, and he didn't follow her. He usually didn't. He needed alone time. He would come see her when he was ready. They both knew that, which is why Serenity didn't get angry when he got like this.

Victor did come to see her. That night. He tapped on her window, and she grabbed his hand and helped him inside. "Hey," he greeted, closing the window silently.

"Hey," she responded, rubbing her arms. The chill breeze of the outside gave her shivers since she was only wearing pajama shorts and a tank top.

He sat on her bed, and it quietly creaked under him. "I wanted to say sorry," he whispered, "For earlier, you know? I hate when I get like that."

"I know," she answered, walking over and standing in front of him. "I'm not mad, Vic. You know I'm never mad at you." He nodded, taking her hand and rubbing a circle on the back of it. "It's not your fault."

He sighed, before giving a small smile. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her onto his lap. "What did I do to deserve you?" he mumbled into her neck.

Serenity giggled, taking his face in her hands. "You got really lucky," she joked, and he chuckled. She placed a kiss on his nose.

When she looked into his eyes, he leaned up and kissed her on the lips. She smiled into the kiss, laughing slightly, allowing the boy to slip his tongue into her mouth. Serenity gasped, but ran her fingers through his hair, tugging lightly.

Victor pushed them backwards onto the bed, and he was on top of her as their lips moved in sync. He ran his hands up her sides, allowing his fingers to slip under her tank top, rubbing her hipbones and stomach.

Before anything else could happen, another tapping came on the glass. They pulled apart quickly, only to see Henry Bowers and Patrick Hockstetter looking in through the window. The two boys motioned for them to open up, and Victor stood up, pulling the window up. "What the hell are you two doing here?" he whisper-shouted at them.

Henry scoffed at the blond boy. "Interrupting something apparently." He glanced at Serenity, who blushed, pulling her shorts down and fixing her tank top.

"How did you know Vic was here?" she asked.

"We followed him, idiot," Patrick answered, while looking at all the trinkets she had on her desk and dresser. "It's not like he was being subtle as he climbed up your fucking house." Serenity rolled her eyes.

After fifteen minutes, she shooed the boys out, and Victor followed, but not without promising with that they'd finish tomorrow. Let's say her face was like a tomato when he left.