Chapter 24

Daisy had been hanging out with one person and one person only lately- Luigi.

She was still confused about everyone and angry. Meanwhile, she suddenly noticed a personality change in Toadette and Dixie. They looked more... Stern? Powerful? Of course, Dixie still looked cheery, but there was tension.

"Daisy, don't look so stressed," Luigi told her, practically reading her mind. "I'm sure they're okay. Besides, they'll apologize to you if they really want to be friends with you."

"But that's the thing," Daisy sighed. "They're all way too proud to admit that."

"Well, maybe you're just better off without them," Luigi shrugged. "If they won't do it themselves, why should you? They're the ones who should apologize, not you."

"Maybe so," Daisy said. "But being friends with them has benefits... And I also kinda miss them."

"How can you miss such horrible people?" Luigi shook his head. "Saiko's insane. Kaira's just evil incarnate. Toadette is too stern. Dixie is too-"

"That just sounds like character traits," Daisy disagreed. "Everyone has negative character traits. I also remember the times that we had fun. Kaira was actually smiling."

"But don't the bad times outweigh the good times?"

"Not really," Daisy answered. "Besides, our views of what's good and what's bad are different."

"...I see," Luigi clearly was unhappy with the way the conversation was headed. He stood up and began to walk away. "Seems you and I don't see the same way anymore."

"Luigi-"

"You're turning into one of them," He called over his shoulder. "I never thought I'd lose you to insanity.."

<><><>

"You just don't know when to stop, do you?"

Kaira eyed the boy from the arena before. She remembered his name- Ryan. The werewolf... Creature.

"I'm just getting started," Ryan sneered. "Are you going to stop me again?"

"Maybe..." Kaira smirked. She had a plan. "Or... Maybe not."

"What?" Ryan was confused. He was expecting her to lash out in anger. Warning bells went off in his head. Something's wrong.

"Why don't you... Do me a favor," Kaira told him. "You know Daisy, correct?"

"Hmm.. Yeah, that's the one with the orange hair. Why do you need to know?" He asked harshly. His eyes widened as her blade slid to his neck, inches away from slicing.

"That's not important for you," She snarled. "Just do as I say."

"...what do you need me to do?"

He was reckless, but he wasn't stupid. With her blade up to his throat, he wasn't going to risk anything. He'd do anything.

"I need you to spy on Daisy and Luigi," Kaira said. "And tell me everything they say. After all, we can't have nasty little rumors going around, can we?"

"No," Ryan glared at her, his hands itching to wrap around her throat, but he knew this was a battle he'd lose. "Not at all."

"Good," Kaira nodded, smirking. "Good boy.."

<><><>

"Two little children, fighting in the square. One little child, trying to be fair. All the little children, dying in pairs!"

"Saiko-" Dixie looked at her. The two were alone in Saiko's room.

"Dixie gets it, don't you?" Saiko cried out. "Why is Daisy not being friends with us?"

"W-well, I understand, but where's this coming from?" Dixie questioned. Saiko looked away. "Saiko, you can tell me."

"Daisy looks so sad now, like she misses all of us," Saiko explained. "Saiko doesn't want Daisy to be sad."

"Saiko," Dixie sighed. "Me too. There's nothing stopping us from being friends with her, though. In fact, Toadette said we're supposed to."

"That's not the problem," Saiko huffed. "Saiko's already tried. She just ignored Saiko."

Deep down, Dixie could see that Saiko was hurting. Saiko had lost a friend and she'd taken that very seriously- which was surprising, coming from her.

"Don't worry," Dixie coaxed. "I'll tell you what's... I'll try to convince the other two to come with us."

"Really?" Saiko perked up. "Dixie would do that?"

"Of course," Dixie smiled. "I agree with you, anyway. I don't want to be separated from Daisy anymore. It's not worth losing a friend."

"Yay! Dixie's amazing!" Saiko cheered. She jumped up from the bed. "Let's go get ice cream together!"

<><><>

A trying-not-to-look-suspicious Ryan sneaked around, attempting to find his targets- Daisy and Luigi.

"Where are they..." Ryan murmured softly to himself. "Hmm.."

A curious and concerned Akane suspiciously eyed him.

"What are you up to?" She asked him, raising her brow.

"None of your business," Ryan answered.

"It is my business if you're doing something wrong," Akane folded her arms.

"I already said its nothing," Ryan dismissed. "Besides, what I'm doing isn't wrong."

"Oh? Is it some messed up sort of justice?" Akane guessed. "Trying to kill all the bad guys?"

"No. Stop asking."

"...fine, but I'm onto you," Akane warned.

"Sure."

Hey everyone! Kinda done with some of my friends right now. Might be more/less updates because of that...

Question of the chapter: Who's your least favorite character?

Thanks for reading!