one

Eirwen stood on the sidewalk across the street from the nursing home that had been her home

Eirwen stood on the sidewalk across the street from the nursing home that had been her home. That is until rent happened and her foster parents, the owners of the place, had given her up. Apparently, they hadn't realized how expensive housing a teenager was. 

Simply put, Eirwen became fed up with being shuttled from foster house to foster house, where they told her that they couldn't keep her around anymore just when she got settled. She'd packed her bags and, for lack of a better word, ran away.

It wasn't as dramatic as that, honestly. She was a great pickpocket and knew all the best hideouts in the city. Still, against her better judgment, when she heard they were demolishing the place, she'd come back. 

And that's where she stood, across the sidewalk from the halfway-demolished nursing home, twisted satisfaction and bitter sadness battling it out in her noggin. She took a deep, calming breath, wiped away a tear she hadn't realized she's shed, and turned to leave. Well, until two suspiciously familiar men caught her eye.

They looked like polar opposites, and they were holding a conversation. Eirwen cocked her head, narrowing her eyes as she tried to remember where she knew them from.

They were really familiar, and Eirwen absolutely hated that she couldn't place them. With a frustrated sigh, she crosses the street, heading towards the two men, who had just... taken a selfie with some random girls? Maybe they were celebrities. Well, they were clearly celebrities, but how come she couldn't match their faces to a name?

So Eirwen, who wasn't known for thinking things through, walked across the street, nearly getting hit by a car in the process. New York taxi drivers, man. She just thought that if she got a better look at their faces she could finally figure out who they were. She really didn't like not knowing things.

She'd just tapped the man in the black suit on the shoulder when the ground became alight with sparks, flowing rapidly in a circle that looked pretty, well, terrifying. So Eirwen did what any person who found themselves suddenly standing in a circle off rotating flames would do. She yelped and jumped like a startled cat. Unfortunately, she happened to jump right into the man standing in the middle of the circle.

He had opened his mouth to snap at her for falling onto him for no discernible reason when she said something before him.

"What the hell is that!" she yelled, pushing herself off of the man.

"I'm Loki, darling. And I am a who, not a wha-" said Loki, looking almost comically offended.

"No, not you, that!" screeched Eirwen, cutting Loki off mid-sentence and pointing at the ground. Both brothers looked down to see what she was looking at. Upon seeing the portal opening in the ground, Thor looked up at his brother warily.

That's where I know him from! He's Thor! Eirwen thought to herself, the thought soon buried beneath a mountain of confusion and slight panic and just general why the hell is there a circle of sparks on the ground.