five

"I'm upset! I'm very upset! and you know what I like about being upset? The blame! And that's the- the mindset that I'm in! And you know who I'm blaming?" The Grandmaster monologued, shaking his arms so energetically that his entire metallic dress-looking-thing swayed along.

"Grandmaster, I can-" Loki interrupted, which was a move that even Eirwen knew wasn't the most intelligent choice he had ever made.

"Hey! Hey! Don't interrupt me!" The Grandmaster said. Eirwen glanced over at Loki and rolled her eyes dramatically, completely exasperated at the most recent situation that he had dragged her into. That's not to say that she's unwillingly involved in the constant shitshows that seem to follow the two like a shadow, though.

"Here you go," said Topaz, the Grandmaster's right-hand woman, extending the melt stick out to him. Eirwen tensed, but she wasn't overly concerned. Eirwen could take her.

"Why are you handing me the melt stick?" The Grandmaster asked, perturbed. "I- He was interrupting. That's not a capital violation!"

Eirwen crossed her arms, a shit-eating smirk adorning her face as she raised an eyebrow at Topaz, who responded with a scathing glare. Eirwen was not phased in the slightest. She had a better scathing glare than this lackey, anyway.

"Where was I? My precious champion has come up missing," The Grandmaster, ever the forgetful one, rambled on, "and it's all because of that Lord of Thunder. It's all because of him. Your brother! And your uncle!"

"Okay, how many times do I have to say this, old man? Loki's adopted and I am in no way even semi-related to either of them!" Eirwen knew by now that they would not be staying, so why not burn a few bridges along the way? It was more fun that way. It wasn't fun when Loki kicked her in the shin, but he was being a dictator's pet.

"Whatever. Adopted, or complicated, or, y' know. I'm sure there's a big history. And he's your contender!" The Grandmaster monologued, flailing his arms dramatically and gesturing words at Valkyrie.

"My dear friend, if you were to give me twelve hours I could bring them both back to you." Uh oh. Loki was biting off more than he could chew, a nasty habit of his that usually led to Eirwen saving his ass.

"I could do it in two," Valkyrie smirked, raising an eyebrow at Loki and Eirwen. She clearly thought she had them beat, but she obviously didn't know just how self-destructive they could be.

"I could do it in one." And there it is, the thing that will eventually screw them over. Thanks for that, Loki.

"Let's stop there. You know what? I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution. But for now, I'll settle for this sweet little "who's gonna get him first?" So you're on the clock." 

Well, this should be fun.

◯◯◯◯◯

"Hi," Thor said, fighting with the towel-thing that he had draped over his head. That's kinda weird. Behind Thor, a middle-aged man looked, well, lost. And he was, there weren't many humans on Sakkar, and Earth/Midguardian/Terran space travel sucked pretty bad. Actually, he was probably the only human on the planet, as Eirwen had recently discovered that she technically didn't count.

"Hi," Valkyrie replied, her hands on her hips in the coolest way possible. After all, she'd just taken down that massive insectoid-looking thing.

"I was gonna do that," Thor huffed childishly. Not in an asshole-ish way, though. Thor was better than that.

"No you weren't," Eirwen piped up from her hiding place behind Valkyrie, smirking mischievously.

"No, I wasn't. Who are you, again?"

"Eirwen. What are you doing here?" Eirwen loved to banter, and she could do it virtually anywhere and everywhere. She was often scolded for trying to lure people into arguments at wildly inappropriate times.

"I dunno, what are you doing here?"

"I thought you were leaving?" Valkyrie asked, effectively stopping Eirwen in her mischievous tracks. She knew how the teen worked by know, and it really wasn't the best time. Eirwen pouted, but she wasn't all that upset. There was always another chance.

"I got sidetracked,"

"What's with the..."

"But I can see your face,"

"Not when I do this, you can't. Your hair looks nice. I like what you did with it. Change it? Washed it maybe?" Valkyrie just rolled her eyes, turning and walking away. Eirwen walked with her, sharing a knowing smirk with her. Eirwen really liked

"What are those things on her eyes? Are those the people that she's killed? She's so beautiful and strong..." Bruce rambled on behind Eirwen as she and Valkyrie walk into a high-tech apartment building, one that she knew that Loki was tied to a chair in. God, was she gonna make for of him for that one.

"Who is this guy?" Valkyrie demanded a bit weirded out by his presence. Eirwen suppressed a snort, as she knew that Valkyrie knew exactly who he was, but she didn't know she knew. This should be fun to watch.

"He's a friend," Thor said, attempting to gloss over the issue. That is not what happened.

"Who? Me? I'm Bruce."

"I feel like I know you." Oh Norns, they're completely clueless.

"I feel like I know you too."

"Look, I've spent years in a haze trying to forget my past. Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget and to die one day." Valkyrie said, turning to face Thor and Bruce.

"It is a pretty good place to do that," Eirwen agreed, pulling a face.

"I was thinking that you drink too much, and that probably was going to kill you."

"I don't plan to stop drinking, but I don't want to forget. I can't turn away anymore. So, if I'm gonna die, well... it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag." Eirwen pulled a face at that. Noble motive, if a bit gory.

"Good, yeah," Thor mumbled, not really sure where she was going with that. Eirwen, meanwhile, was leaning against a wall behind them, watching the ever-amusing scene play out.

"So, I'm saying that I wanna be on the team. Has it got a name?" Valkyrie asked, waves of impatience radiating off of her. Eirwen huffed quietly, screwing her eyes shut as she tried to pull her magic back. She liked it to say she controlled her magic, but she also liked to lie.

"Yeah, it's called the Revengers,"  Thor mumbled out, sparking a visibly confused reaction in Valkyrie and a poorly-concealed bark of laughter out of Eirwen. Thor shot her a glare with no real anger behind it, only making her laugh harder.

"Revengers?" Valkyrie asked.

"Because- because I'm getting revenge. You're getting revenge." He stuttered out, turning to Eirwen, he asked: "Do you want revenge?"

"Oh, always," Eirwen said, cooly, a mischevious smirk crossing her lips. She still wasn't quite sure what exactly she was getting revenge for.

"Okay," Thor said, turning away from the girl for a moment, crossing his arms, before turning back around and narrowing his eyes at her. She wasn't his niece, was she? Eirwen and Loki looked nothing alike. Ah, well. An issue for another day.

"Also, I've got a peace offering," Valkyrie said, and Eirwens grin only grew larger. Well, this peace offering wasn't exactly going to be peaceful.

AUTHORS NOTE

God, beating writer's block feels good. Heres to a new chapter!