four

"Hurry up! We don't have all day, Eirwen! You do realize that the Grandmaster can literally have our heads if we don't arrive on time, which was, oh, five minutes ago!" Loki shouted at the closed bathroom door, banging on it with his fist

The door swung open, revealing Eirwen, looking like she just made them late to the Grandmaster's event because, well. She had.

"Well? What are you waiting for, let's go!" She called happily, sweeping past Loki and heading for the door. Loki gaped at her, before dramatically rolling his eyes and following after her, most likely muttering angrily about "teenagers" under his breath.

"And now, without further ado!" Eirwen heard the tinny boom of the Grandmasters' voice echoing through the halls, and promptly huffed dramatically. God, she hated that thing. I should probably stop using God like that, considering I know one or three. 

Eirwen was pulled out of her thoughts when the weird alien version of an automatic door slid open, revealing the Grandmasters' private viewing lounge.

She and Loki reached forward and grabbed drinks off of a plate as they walked forward, weaving their way through the crowd of aliens to stand at the front, watching as the door in the arena slid up, revealing Thor, with a fresh new haircut and some sick-looking red lines drawn on the side of his face.

The crowd began to boo, and Eirwen winced at how... small Thor looked. But even though Loki doesn't let her bet, if she had been able to, she would have bet on Thor. Come on, he's a god, after all.

"Okay! This is it! Let's get ready to welcome this guy, here he comes!" The Grandmaster said, rubbing his hands together in excitement. Eirwen, despite her utter hatred of the gladiator fights, cocked her head. Thor and Hulk. That'll be interesting.

The rattling of the ground jolted Eirwen out of her thoughts. Grinning, she looked to the doorway that she knew mister big green jelly bean was going to make his entrance from. See, unlike Loki, Eirwen had not only met the green Kool-Aid Man on steroids, but she trained with him on a regular basis.

To her own surprise, she had a life on Sakaar. Although she was originally from Earth (a.k.a Midgard a.k.a Terra) and even more originally from Asgard, she had not only an adoptive father, but she could call both Hulk and Brunnhilde her friends.

"He is a creature! What can we say about him? Well, he's unique. There's none like him." The Grandmaster listed off excitedly.

"I feel a special connection with him. He's undefeated. He's the reigning. He's the defending." The hologram in the center of the stadium said and Eirwen's eyes widened as she pulled a frankly ridiculous face.

"Ladies and gentleman..." the Grandmaster announced dramatically. "I give you... your Incredible..."

Eirwen glanced to her left, seeing Loki smile happily. Well, I mean, I don't really blame him for wanting to see his brother get his ass handed to him. After the stories that he's told me I kinda wanna see Thor get his ass handed to him. But only kinda. I really wanna see Loki get his ass handed to him. Really wanna see that.

"Hulk!" The Grandmaster screeched as the Hulk in question decided that waiting was for tiny humans, and broke through the stadium door, roaring as though he'd just stubbed his toe.

"Yes!" Thor screamed, shaking his arms like an excited three-year-old. A hush fell over the stadiums, and Eirwen leaned forward excitedly, smirking in anticipation. She looked up, confused (and slightly worried), when Loki grabbed her wrist and lifted her rather light frame off the couch, dragged her toward the doorway.

"We have to get off this planet," he said, nearly bolting for the doorway. Well, that's a change of plan, Eirwen thought, furrowing her eyebrows at Loki. Nevertheless, she kept pace with him, heading towards the exit-

"Hey hey hey hey- where are you two going?" The Grandmaster said, laying a hand flat against Loki's chest. Eirwen winced, taming her expression into a pained smile when the Grandmaster looked her way so fast it was comical.

The Grandmaster led them back to the couch, and although Loki rebelled in the slightest by sitting on the other end of the couch, Eirwen made both a point and, according to Loki, a fool of herself, by lying on the armrest-thing of the couch, upside-down.

" Hey! Hey!" Thor yelled, waving at the viewer box. Eirwen waved back excitedly. "We know each other! He's a friend from work!" he shouted, grinning happily. Eirwen, of course, knew that they knew each other. However, a little mischief never hurt anyone (that's a lie), and besides, well, it's entertaining.

The Grandmaster turned, looking at Eirwen and Loki incredulously, who had the same look of poorly concealed anxiety. Eirwen glanced away, suddenly incredibly interested in the fabric of her cape. It wasn't like it was even a new cape, she refused to wear anything other than this one because a pretty alien girl that seemed to be around Eirwen's age complimented it.

Down in the stadium, Hulk shook his arms at the sky, basking in the attention as the crowd chanted his name. Eirwen vaguely heard Thor trying to start a conversation with the Big Green Anger Machine, and Hulk was starting to look like he was planning on putting Thor's insides on the outside.

"- I lost my hammer like, yesterday, so that's pretty fresh," he said, looking into the stands. Eirwen made a face, before remembering that time was super messed up on Sakkar, and while it had been almost eight months for her, it was only a few hours to Thor.

"L- Loki! Loki's alive, can you believe it? He's up there! Loki! Look who it is!" Thor said excitedly, pointing towards the spectator box that Loki and Eirwen sat in. Eirwen glanced at Loki, choking back her laughter when she saw his face. She thought it looked like Chrissy

Teigen's awkward crying face, which only made her want to burst out laughing even harder.

"Banner! Banner!" Thor called, trying to get Hulk's attention.

Hulk didn't notice, giving Thor a chance to fix his utter dumbassery- is that a word? Unfortunately, the golden retriever of a god didn't realize his mistake, calling out again.

"Hey, Banner!" Thor yelled, this time getting Hulk's attention. Eirwen cringed, knowing what happens next.

"No Banner. only Hulk." Big Green roared, baring his teeth at Thor.

"Wha- What are you doing? It's me, it's Thor!" he said frantically, to no avail. Hulk let an animalistic roar loose, leaping in the air. The large ax and larger hammer hit the ground where Thor had been standing before he rolled away at the last second. Hulk pivoted, sending Thor flying with his hammer.

Thor snapped his knives to his sides, the motion extending them into swords. Eirwen recalled Loki doing the same, back when she had first met him. Then she recalled him teaching her the same. Huh.

"Banner, this is crazy, I don't want to hurt you!" Thor said. Hulk proceeded to do his best to hurt Thor. And he succeeded, as the two (former) Avengers brawled, it seemed clear that Hulk was going to be the winner of this match.

Eirwen ended up going to get food and very nearly missed the end of the match returning just in time to see Thor almost win and then the Grandmaster cheat. And then the Hulk beat Thor into next week. She never liked the Grandmaster, anyway.