one

A slight breeze is in the air, causing my hair to fall behind my shoulder.

Or at least, I wish.

Instead, my hair is being thrown into my mouth every five seconds. Everytime I push it back into place, the breeze blows it right back into my mouth. Such a vicious cycle.
   To make matters even worse, the sky is practically pitch black. It looks like a black hole was about to open up and destroy the entire universe, or at least South Korea. But let's be honest, I wouldn't really mind at this point considering how annoying the weather is today.
   Anyways, I just so happen to not have an umbrella. Or a hoodie. Besides, it's autumn. It usually doesn't even rain. What happened to the usual dry climate during this season? Ugh.
Thanks to the only luck I'll probably have today, I made it to school without it even starting to rain. I walk inside and down the hallway to my homeroom, where I change into my school slippers, putting my outdoor shoes into my cubby. With a sigh, I sit down at my desk. 2nd row all the way on the right, next to the window. I know the gym field better than the back of my hand at this point, considering I spend most of my classes zoned out towards it.
   All of a sudden, I could taste apples. A nice fresh apple. Is that the only thing they eat in the morning? Nearly every morning, all I can taste and crave are apples. Why? Because apparently that's all my soulmate ever eats for breakfast.
   It's at that moment my homeroom teacher walks in, announcing that we have a new student. I don't pay any mind to whatever else the teacher says before him, and continue staring out the window. That's until I hear the crunch of an apple, and look up to find a tall boy eating an apple almost as red as his hair.