four

l.donghyuck

After lunch, I go to sit in the seat I sat in yesterday, behind the small girl with short hair. She seemed to be somewhere else yesterday. As I'm pulling out my chair, she turns around. "Hey, don't you know that someone usually sits there?" I smirk. "Then where was she yesterday?" The girl rolls her eyes. "Sick. But she's here toda- Yerim! Tell this boy that you sit there!" She yells across the room to a girl with long, dark hair who had just walked in. She was obviously startled by the yelling of this obnoxious girl. "O-Oh, well if he's new isn't it b-better if he sits with the friends he's already made?" After her reply, she quickly scurries to the back. The girl in front of me groans and turns back around with a pout. How cute...
   Chenle laughs a little at her failed attempt. Our attention is then brought to another girl running into the room. She runs up to the rude girl sitting in front of me. "Eunji! I forgot to give this to you!" I notice that she hands her a picture, before resting her hands on her knees, bent over. She was clearly out of breath. Then the teacher walks in.
   "What a surprise. Seo Dahee, do you like my classroom a lot? You seem to always be in here when you shouldn't be. Go back to class." He adds a sigh at the end. 'Dahee' gives a sheepish smile and begins heading out the door. "Right. I was just going." Before she leaves though, she turned around and waves to 'Eunji', who waves back. What an odd pair.
I sit down in my seat with a shrug, and the teachers begins the lesson. The same boring lesson as always. Could maths ever be interesting? Instead of paying attention to the teacher as he drones on, I decide to observe my observations. More so, Eunji.
   She has light brown her that falls just barely at the bottom of her neck, but not touching her shoulders. A couple pieces are uncooperative, turning outwards instead of in. She is slouched to the right, her body facing the window on our left. She occasionally looks up at the board to jot down a note or two, but for the most part she stares out the window.
   I shake my head slightly, stoping myself from studying her so much. What I need to study is maths. I just can't concentrate today. I look over to my other side and see Jisung pulling out a piece of gum. I quickly hit his arm lightly, and motion towards the piece. He rolls his eyes jokingly, and hands me a piece. Ah bubblegum...