eight

"Can you hand me some plates?" I ask anyone. I hear them next to me as they get sat on the counter. "Curry chicken has been served." I announce formally after I finish putting the meals on the plate.
   "Donghyuck, now that I think about it, you're good at cooking so why didn't you do it?" Mark asks. I slowly turn around. My gaze falls on a specific red head, who tries (and fails) to look anywhere but at myself. Finally, we make eye contact. My face is left completely blank, which isn't really a good sign. At least, that's what Dahee tells me.
   Then I walk over to Donghyuck, and slap his arm a few times. Which doesn't do any physical damage considering that I have no strength. rip. Either way, he jumps back when I hit him. "Lee Donghyuck, why must you make me do your work!" I whine, pouting. He relaxes a bit and looks at me, then starts laughing. I hit his arm again. "Geez, you're so violent. I'll cook another time. I was just lazy today." I glare at him playfully, before we sit down at the table and eat our dinner with everyone else.
   "Eunji, this is really good!" Renjun tells me. I beam with pride at the compliment. "Thank you!" I wipe a fake tear in my head, thanking the academy of cooking that I didn't actually go to.

   After eating, Renjun goes home, saying that his mom wants him home early. We all exchange goodbyes, and he leaves. Mark, Dahee, and Bomin all go out into the living room, most likely to watch tv or something of the sort. Donghyuck follows me into the kitchen. I'm not sure why he's in here, all I know is that I'm here to clean the dishes.
   "I'll help you." He says without looking at me, and begins picking up the plates as I grab all the chopsticks. I was surprised that they had so many pairs but you can never really have enough. We don't say anything but work a system. I wash the dishes, he dries and puts them away. Even though there were dishes from other meals and such, it didn't take long due to it being two of us working together. I wipe my hands on the towel once done. "Thank you, Donghyuck." I say with a smile. He shakes his head. "You shouldn't of even done it since you're the guest, so thank you." To avoid going back and forth, I just nod. "Anytime."