Chapter Nine

Dedicated to AlishaZaida

I quickly stood up and checked my left foot, to verify if my dream was coming to pass. I heaved a sigh of relieve when I realised I wasn't hurt. I finally looked to see Michael shuffling up the stairs.

"Michael, you are bleeding!"I blurted out panicking at the sight of blood trickling down the back of his head.

He touched the back of his head and inspected his palms confirming what I just said. I rushed to his side trying to help him when he told me firmly he could walk on his own. I stood back and watched him walk towards his bedroom when he suddenly swayed unsteadily.

"Michael !" I called out his name worriedly.

I instantly made my way to his side taking hold of his arm.
He held his head wincing in pain.

" Should I take you to the hospital?" I asked out of concern.

"No!just help me get to the bedroom." He said, clearly irritated.

"Whatever," I retorted. Starting to get frustrated at his annoying attitude.

I helped him get comfortable on his bed, whiles he showed me where his first aid box was. I made an attempt to help dress his wound when he told me to stop since he wasn't disabled. I rolled my eyes at his feeble attempt to do it on his own and snatched the cotton out of his hands.

"Will you just hand me back the first aid box," He made a weak attempt to be forceful.

"No, can do!" I snapped back.

"Can you stop behaving like a kid and just let me help you. Besides, you are hurt because me," I said taking a closer look at his wound, standing before him. The wound was small.

Michael was quiet whiles I continued to dress his wound, making a hissing sound when I disinfected it. I was almost through with it when I felt Michael hands around my waist, resting his head on my tummy. I tensed up a bit not expecting this move. I made an attempt to wiggle out of his arms when I was done, but he held on firmly making it difficult to step out of his embrace.

"Just stay still!" He commanded undertone, which made me stop my movements abruptly.

He sighed in content without losing his hold on me. My stomach started fluttering with butterflies and my heart rate gradually increased at our close proximity. I made an attempt again to get out of his embrace, which made him looked up at me, I froze in place at the pleading look in his eyes which he quickly masked, his eyes revealing nothing anymore.

"Get out!" He whispered harshly removing his arms from around me and pushing me aside.

I huffed in exasperation and walked towards the door.

"Saying thank you, won't kill you!" I called out before striding out of the room, closing the door with a bang.

What is wrong with him? I reasoned as I made my way to my bedroom. He was the one who had me caged in his arms. So why did he act like it was the other way round? I just don't understand him. I faced palmed myself, then quietly laid in bed. Enough about him. I chastised myself. I have to concentrate more on my marriage. I reminded myself.

I excitedly rushed downstairs at the sound of my husband's car beep. Tonight I planned on showing him my naughty side just as Nelly advised. I was a bit nervous since I haven't initiated any intimate act before, he always did. Is my turn now and I hope he likes it.

"Hey honey," He greeted giving me a peck whilst I took his bag.

"You have this mischievous glint in your eyes," He said looking into my eyes clearly intrigued.

"I have a surprise for you," I stated licking my lips in the process.

" I think I like the sound of it," He replied trying to flirt back.

"Let's get you something to eat first," I whispered huskily trying to sound sexy.

I didn't wait for his reply. I took the lead adding a sway to my hip movement just to seduce him further.

Michael was already eating at the dining table when I came to set Dr Yeboah's food.
He ignored me out of habit and continued typing on his phone.

"The food smells delicious," I heard my husband say whilst he made his way to the table.

"I specially prepared it for you," I said making my voice sound as sweet as possible.

"You are a great wife," He praised with a chuckle.

"And you are my charming husband," I said with a wink flirting back.

I sat beside him making sure my thighs were a bit exposed.

"Let me feed you," I told my husband taking hold of the fork.

He smiled in appreciation opening his mouth for me to feed him.

Michael suddenly groaned in annoyance, pulled his chair back roughly and marched out of the dining room. I have totally forgotten about his presence. Dr. Yeboah's eyes raised in surprise as he noticed the plaster at the back of his head.

"Michael what happened to your head," Dr Yeboah asked clearly worried.

"Nothing serious," He stated with shrug, narrowing his eyes at me. I frowned back at him.

"Enjoy your meal dad," He stated smirking at me and made his way upstairs.

Dr Yeboah got a call when he was almost through with the food. I watched as he went to the study which was a clue for me to clear the table. He was still on the phone after I was done with the cleaning of the dishes.

I told him to come to the bedroom after he was done since I have a surprise for him. I quickly lighted quite a number of scented candles and placed it at vantage points in the bedroom.

I spread some flower petals on the bedroom floor to create a romantic atmosphere in the room. I entered the bathroom to freshen up and changed into the lingerie Nelly helped me buy.

I heard the bedroom door open which meant my husband was in. I removed the band holding my hair in place and watched my reflection in the mirror, my hair cascading down my back. I applied a body splash and got out of the bathroom with a sensual walk.

My eyes blurred with tears as I saw my husband sprawled out on the bed. He was apparently in a deep sleep and was snoring loudly. I shook him awake several times and he mumbled incoherent words changing his sleeping position without opening his eyes. I wiped a stray tear out of frustration. I felt the edge to hit him hard with a pillow.
I decided against it and roughly pushed him aside to make space for me.

Sorry for the long wait. I was a bit busy last week. 😩

Remember to vote and comment!!! 😍

Still editing.