Chapter Fifty-five

It's been a year now since Micheal's disappearance and the police were not getting any concrete lead. I had cried myself to sleep for the past months.

They had done a test on a blood sample from Michael's back seat and has confirmed it was indeed Micheal's blood. He had been declared a possible victim of murder by the police but I refused to accept it with the hope that Michael was still alive somewhere.

Nelly had gotten tired of my constant sobbing about five months ago and had put me on my toes.

" Will you snap out of your moodiness and pull yourself together for the sake of the kids!" She had stated heatedly when I refused to eat.

" How can I when Micheal is probably somewhere seriously injured?" I questioned whilst silent tears run down my face.

" It's high time you come to your senses and accept the fact that Micheal is dead and move on with your life!" She retorted, her chest rising and falling in anger.

" Nelly you don't understand how I feel and you don't know how it hurts," I said through sobs whilst I clutched my chest in pain.

" Raquel,sweetheart I really do understand, but Micheal is dead and there is nothing we can do about it. If he is watching us right now, he would want you to move on with your life, for the sake of the kids," Nelly stated calmly and knelt beside me to comfort me, her eyes glazed over with unshed tears.

" I am trying Nelly, am really trying," I continued to sob.

" Then let's try harder, you are not even eating properly, so you can't even breast feed the kids since your breast milk has dried out," She advised.

" They need you to hold them, to play with them, to love them and look at you, you can't even do that anymore. If you really loved Micheal then you will take care of his offspring. They are his representatives now. He lives in them," She continued whilst a lone tear flowed down her face.

" Its so hard,if I had even seen his body, then I would have found solace in that and moved on" I whispered whilst I wiped my tears.Your kids, they need you," she admonished and I nodded in understanding.

That was it, I was now putting extra effort to go back to my normal life. I tried to go out with the others and started eating healthy again for the sake of my kids. I still cried at night though and forced to smile at daytime as if I was alright. I wasn't . I was practically dying inside each passing day silently.

Dr.Yeboah has really been supportive. He has been letting Ama come around to help me with the kids occasionally. Our relationship was back to cordial and I was grateful for his help.

Frank had returned from his trip and has been an amazing Pillar of support. He comes around a lot lately, to help me out. He has been buying toys, baby food, clothing and a whole lot of stuff for the kids.

Frank had requested to take me out to dinner this evening about a week ago but I had politely refused.

" Don't be silly,you need fresh air. Go with him. It doesn't mean you are replacing Micheal," That was exactly Nelly's words when I informed her, so I had grudgingly agreed to his request.

I was currently at Nelly's house with the kids and she was doing my hair.
"You look pretty," Nelly has commented after she was done with the makeup.

"Thanks," I dryly said with little enthusiasm.

" Raquel will you cheer up, besides is just Frank, it's not like you are going to face the firing squad," Nelly chided and I gave her a small smile in response.