Chapter Forty-two

Raquel Pov
I woke up in a white room, my head slightly aching. Where was I ?  I began to wonder as I looked around me. I was in what seemed to be a ward with a few provisions on a drawer just beside the bed.

I suddenly touched my tummy when yesterday's incidence flooded  my memory. I sighed in relief when I could still feel my pregnancy bump.

I tried to sit up and felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. Which made me cry out and lay back down.

" Raquel you are awake?" I turned in the direction of the voice to see Nelly by the door.

"How long have I been here?" I questioned out of curiosity, judging from how happy she was to see me.

" You have been here for about a week now. You keep slipping in and out of consciousness," she replied with a gentle smile.

" How are you feeling?" She questioned; her voice laced with worry.

" I guess I'm fine, just a slight pain in my abdomen." I groggily replied.

"Is everything all right with me, with my baby?" I questioned fearing the worst.

" Everything is alright but let me call the doctor," she stated hurriedly and gave my hand a gentle squeeze before she headed out.

I was afraid I might lose my baby and my heart was beating rapidly at the prospect. I was really looking forward to meeting my baby and I will be damned if I let anything happen to it.

Nelly came in with the doctor about ten minutes later.

" Hello madam,how are you feeling?" The doctor questioned with a warm smile.

" I'm experiencing sharp pains in my abdomen." I responded, my hand shaking slightly at its numerous implications.

"You just went through a miscarriage and fortunately for you, you were with triplet, but lost one," He stated in a professional voice.

"Did you just say triplet?!" I questioned in  disbelieve.

" Yeah I did." He responded.

I began to fan myself. The news was not sitting well with me. How on earth would I have been able to manage triplet as a single mother.

" It's normal for you to feel that way, but I need to do a quick check up on you and pass you through some scans," he continued, which brought me out of my stupor.

"Okay," I responded reluctantly, my mind still on the triplet news.

"The nurse will led you to the place," He stated before he headed out.

" Sweetheart am so glad you are fine. I was so worried you were going to lose the pregnancy," Nelly stated with smiles.

" I am too," I replied and gave her a small smile.

" But how will I manage triplet on my own?" I questioned, my head aching slightly from the worry.

" Where you listening to anything he was saying? You lost one. So they are twins now," she responded in agitation.

" Yet still, it will be difficult," I replied with a huff.

" I will be there to help out, better still  you can inform Micheal he is the dad. I know he will be more than willing to assist you," she advised,whilst she watched me intently to gauge my reaction.

" Nope, I will do no such thing," I responded with determination.

" Is not an easy journey, Raquel,"she retorted.

" I know, but I don't want Micheal near my children," I replied.

" Whatever you say," she responded whilst she bent her head in defeat.