Chapter Eight

"Akira?! Hey, it's J, when you get this call, just...call me back...text me...write to me...something! Just so I know you're okay at least...we're best friends, remember? Best friends keep in touch with each other..." I end the message. I put my phone down a bit frustrated. I've been doing this ever since a week past that we departed each other. I've gotten a few replies in those first couple of weeks, but afterwards...

Gone.

The next thing I knew. I received a phone call, and I jumped to my phone because I thought it was Akira, but of course, it was just my leader. "Hana, I need you to come to this area. There's something I want you and I to investigate." I was confused, but also curious as to what he was talking about. So I got dressed, and decided to head out. It was nighttime by the way.

24 minutes later.

I arrive at the scene that my leader was talking about. He sees me and waves as I waved back to him. "What's going on, Mada?" Mada was picking up samples that came from the fight between Devora and Ichigo. "I was looking around to see if there was any clues as to who this monster was that almost killed Kamen, but all I could find was hair. This should be enough, but you know me, I always like more than one source." Mada is the kind of investigator where if you have one source of evidence, it's not enough to beat a case. So you got to have three or more to be at least, sufficient. 

"I'll take the hair with me to the HQ, and run some tests." Is what I said, as Mada nodded his head and then saw me off. As I head to the HQ, I see a monster terrorizing a bunch of MPOs. "Shit! Division Six!!" Grabbing my handgun, locked and loaded, I run over to the area where the monster is and I start firing almost perfectly head shooting the monster. It was a high level burūto type. Once it got shot in the head, the head slowly grew back.

"Shit! What the fuck!?" The four man squad of division six was down to one man, and then there was me. I tried requesting for backup, but the monster had us busy. The monster then used its tail and slapped my gun away. As it does that, it uses another tail and pierces right through the last man as I watched him die. I was at a lost of words. Then I realized which monster this was, this wasn't the regular burūto types. At first I saw two tails, and then as the fight progressed, I saw four tails. But out of nowhere, I saw six tails!

"Fuck fuck fuck!!!" I turned around and ran, but the monster wrapped its tails around my leg and pulled me back. As I'm sliding on the floor, it picks up me and looks at me in the eyes. "Tasty...." This monster is the crazy brute type that's been also eating humans and monsters. This is,

  The Berserker

It opened its mouth wide ready to eat me. "AHHH!!" And I just watched my doom, until....

A quick slap across the berserker's face occurred and he dropped me. All I hear now is a voice, as the impact of me hitting the floor almost left me unconscious.

"Berserker, I told you, to leave Kikitaru Hana alone." Berserker whimpered, he even backed away from the monster. I realized though, it was,

Devora

"M-Ms Devora...I am sorry....please..don't.." Devora grabbed the monster by his neck as his tails came in and fear is what he's drowned in. "This is what happens to those who don't listen." Not too soon after, Devora viciously ate the Berserker like he was nothing. She looked at me, as I looked at her almost out. I could barely hear or see anything, but I almost heard a tiny little, "I'm...sorry....J.." But maybe my ears heard wrong, maybe I was hallucinating. Whatever the case was, I was knocked out, and later found by my leader.

A few days later.

After everything, I finally woke up, and I was in the hospital. The leader was happy to see me wake up. I smiled knowing that there was someone there for me. "Hey there trooper. Glad to have you back." I nodded my head and asked him what happened. "Don't worry about it, but uh, I found this letter at your doorstep yesterday. Says it's for you obviously. From, Akira?"

The letter was in an envelope, but the envelope was already opened. "Did you...?" Immediately Mada said no, "I guess she just left it like that. Don't worry, I don't read love letters." I laughed and said alright, and then I started reading the letter. "Hey, Hana, I'm going to go get us some breakfast, I'll be right back." I nodded my head as I read the letter. It started like this, "Hey J, heh..it's been awhile hasn't it..? I, um, I've been meaning to tell you something.."

At that moment, Mada was walking towards the door, and he gets a call. He answers, and says, "Watch Devora, we know who she is." At the same time, Pawā was watching Mada leave the hospital in a car. "He's on to us." The snake head monster, nodded her head and said, "We must be ready for war, Pawā." They then vanish from the building.