I'm Back

Annabeth opened the lunch room doors. The cafeteria was full of noise and movement. Kids threw things that Annabeth was sure she didn't want to know the name of. She scanned the room until she saw a table. A table with Piper and Leo. A table that also held everyone else. But she didn't see a messy black head of hair. But everyone else was there and that's what sent her feet flying.

She practically ran to them. Hazel was sat next to Frank. Hazel had curly hair that went beautifully with her golden eyes and dark skin. She wore a black shirt with 'love' writen on it in gold letters. Frank had a babyish face but was built like a wrestler. His black hair was cut military style and he wore a shirt that said 'Goode High Football Team'.

There was Jason, who was Piper's boyfriend as Annabeth found out today, and his sister Thalia. Thalia must have gotten held back because she was supposed to be in the year a head of them meaning she was supposed to have graduated last year. Jason and Thalia shared the same blue eyes that seemed to crackle with energy. However Jason had short cropped blonde hair and Thalia had wild black hair with blue streaks. Thalia wore a leather jacket with a Green Day shirt, Jason had on a tight purple shirt.

Nico and Will sat next to each other. Death and sunshine, like always. Annabeth almost sobbed at the normalcy of it. Nico had longer curly dark brown hair with matching color of eyes. He wore an aviator jacket, and a skull shirt. Will had blue eyes and curly blonde hair that was a bit longer then Jason's but not on a Nico level. He wore a blue shirt that said 'sunshine boy'.

Reyna and Rachel were there too. Reyna had her dark as night hair pulled back in a braid and a lavender colored shirt with a black sweater over it on. Rachel had her wild red hair loose and all over the place. Her shirt was splattered with paint but Annabeth made out the name of some museum.

When Annabeth got close to the table she stopped. She had lost her voice. Piper caught her eyes and smiled. "Guys. You know that 'new' girl?" She said while pointing at Annabeth. The others turned and gasped. Annabeth held her hands over her mouth.

"Annabeth?" Thalia asked. She would recognize those grey eyes anywhere. When Annabeth nodded everyone dog-piled her. They laughed and welcomed her back.

Finally they let Annabeth sit down. They kept asking questions and she just kept answering. Until Hazel growled and the others snapped their attention to what she was looking at.

"What?" Annabeth asked.

"Drew Tanka. You remember?" Piper hissed. Annabeth nodded and looked to where Piper was pointing. A girl with straight black hair, too much makeup, and too little clothing, was heading their way. Annabeth did remember her. The girl had tried to make Annabeth's life more of a living hell than it all ready was. But it's who was walking with her that made Annabeth speechless.

Black hair that looked as if he had just stepped off the windy beach, tan skin because he spent so much time outside, tall with a swimmer's build. And sea green eyes Annabeth would know even if she was blind.

Percy.

Her best friend until she was twelve. They had met in kindergarten and had hated each other until third grade. Then they could never be separated.

Piper gasped and looked at Annabeth. "Hide! I have an idea!" Annabeth let out a noise of protest as she was shoved behind Frank and Jason who were standing behind where she had been sitting.

Percy made his way over to the table with all his friends. His girlfriend, Drew, was clinging to his arm. He didn't know if he was just not the touchy type because it kind of annoyed him how Drew would never stop touching him. He smiled at his friends.

Everyone was sitting besides Jason and Frank. "Hey guys." Percy waved. They grinned back and seemed to be eyeing Drew.

"Now Percy." Piper started. "We have a little surprise for you." Percy raised an eyebrow. Drew seemed to be suspicious of something but Percy just smiled.

"What is it?" He asked, Piper snapped and Jason and Frank moved. Revealing a blonde girl. Her hair was curly and fell down her back. She wore black jeans and a white sweater with a grey heart on it. He was confused until she looked up with a smile.

Percy couldn't breath. Couldn't talk. Couldn't think beside that she was here. He raced around the table and tackle hugged her.

Annabeth.

She was back!

He lifted her off the ground and laughed. She was laughing too as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Percy didn't notice his grinning friends or his girlfriend fuming. He only noticed that Annabeth was back, Annabeth was back.

He set her back down and looked her over again. He couldn't believe it.

"I'm back." She said. Her voice was choked and Percy could tell if he talked his would be the same. "I... Percy I missed you so much!" She tackled him this time. Percy wasted no time in wrapping her in his arms and spinning her around a bit.

The reunion only paused when someone cleared their throat. Percy set Annabeth down and they both turned to Drew. She was red in the face and scowling.

"Who is this?" She asked. Her voice had gone up an octave.

"Hey Drew. It's Annabeth." Annabeth smiled. Percy grinned still not letting his arm fall from Annabeth's shoulders. "Remember me?"

"I remember you. And it seems Percy does too." She growled out. Drew walked closer. "Kindly step away from my boyfriend." She said sickly sweet.

"Drew come on I haven't seen her in five years." Percy said as he tucked Annabeth more into his side. He didn't notice his friends grinning yet.

Drew went red again. "I don't care, you're my boyfriend. Stop touching her." She folded her arms. Percy rolled his eyes and sighed. Drew went even redder.

"Drew. She has been my best friend my whole life. Please just stop." Percy said. Some of the people at the table snickered. "Come on let's sit down." He made to sit at the table when Drew spoke.

"Aren't you sitting with me today?" She asked. The smirk on her face made several of Percy's friends frown.

"No today is a day I sit here. Remember?" He sat down beside Thalia and Annabeth sat down by him. Drew huffed and tossed her hair back as she stormed away. Her pretty pink pumps clicked on the ground.

"When are you going to come to your senses?" Grumbled Jason who sat across from Percy. "Drew is a menace, when will you dump her?" He looked Percy in the eyes and frowned.

"What?" Percy asked. Annabeth rolled her eyes and punch Percy in the arm. "Hey! Wise Girl! What was that for?" He rubbed his arm in fake hurt.

"That's for making me miss you for five years, Seaweed Brain." She glared at him. He glared back then they both broke out in grins. Annabeth sighed and looked around the table. "Oh my god it's so good to be back!"

The rest of lunch Percy kept his arm around Annabeth and everyone talked and talked. Catching up for five years was a chore. Finally lunch ended and they went back to classes.