Back Home

Annabeth sat on the couch of Percy's apartment. After cookies and photos she had dinner with them. That led to them all sitting in the living room watching movies. Annabeth and Percy had gotten their homework done while Sally made dinner, so they didn't have anything to worry about. So Finding Nemo had no competition for their attention. 

Sally and Paul had already gone to bed, and Paul had told them to do so soon. 

Annabeth really didn't want to leave yet. Because right now, curled up against Percy, with the covers pulled up around them, using Percy's chest as a pillow, she finally felt back home. 

Percy had his arms wrapped around Annabeth's waist and vise-versa. Percy had changed into sweats and an old T-shirt. Annabeth had borrowed a pair of his pj pants and another old shirt of Percy's. She planned on staying the night, she had already texted her dad. But she hadn't asked permission, just let him know what she was doing, he didn't care enough to say no or yes to anything.

The two best friends watched Nemo get sucked down the pipe and they couldn't help their eyes drifting closed. Annabeth yawned and Percy subconsciously pulled her closer. 

Sally, in the other room was dressed in a nightgown and talking to Paul, who wore a full set of red pajamas. "Do you think. . . Now that she's back and all. . ?" Sally didn't want to finish her thought as she put her book back down into her lap. He was her son, she shouldn't be judging him like this. Though she wasn't judging him. 

"That Percy will realize what kind of person he's been dating?" Paul finished her question as he got into the bed and pulled the covers over himself. "I hope so. I've had Drew as a student for a while, she isn't right for him." 

"They don't even have to date!" Sally bit her lip as she cast a glance to her bedroom door. "She just needs to talk some sense into him." No one had been able to break through to Percy that 'dating' Drew was a bad idea. Sally even got out of him that he hadn't kissed her. Ever. She had kissed him but he never started it.  

Percy just kept saying he just wasn't the 'touchy type'. But Sally had seen him with Annabeth, back when they were kids and now. He was constantly hugging her, not touchy. . . yeah. Sally realized where Percy got his sarcasm. Oh god.

"We'll just have to hope and see." Paul sighed as he turned the light out. Sally nodded and put her book on her bedside table before turning off her light and going to bed. 

The next morning Sally got up a little early so that she could get Annabeth over to her house to change before school. When she saw how Percy and Annabeth fell asleep she got a new plan. 

Percy had his arms around Annabeth, she had her back to his chest, and they had the blanket pulled up around them. Percy had his forehead pressed to the back of Annabeth's shoulder. Just so happens, because the shirt was so big on Annabeth the sleeve had fallen down to expose the skin of her shoulder. Sally took out her phone to snap a few photos before calling Annabeth's dad. 

Her call went straight to voicemail. He should be up by now with his job. . . Sally decided she had to wake Annabeth up then. 

When Sally tried to wake the blonde up she sort of succeeded. Annabeth had opened one eye and when Sally explained that she might want to go home and get a new set of clothes the girl had eyed her school bag where she had set her clothes from yesterday and shook her head. Annabeth had closed her eyes and turned over so she was facing Percy before falling right back asleep. 

Sally chuckled and started making breakfast for the household. They were so cute, always had been, and Sally firmly believed that they were made to at least be bestfriends. 

At six o'clock she heard the stumbling feet of her husband from their room. The sound paused in the living room before he walked into the kitchen with wide eyes. "Ok. . . I'm going to assume you tried to wake her up." Paul chuckled as he kissed Sally's cheek. 

"I tried, she said no then rolled over and snuggled up to Percy." Sally chuckled as she made another pancake. "And you know what, neither of them are going to be embarrassed when they wake up, because they think every pair of bestfriends does the same thing. I remember once, Percy and Annabeth, they were like nine, they didn't get why Jason and Piper didn't hold hands. Because those two would hold hands and walk through the school, just swinging their hands between themselves. Jason had said girls had cooties, even if Piper was his bestfriend. Piper had said boys were nasty, no matter what boy they were talking about." She chuckled again and Paul smiled as he started his coffee. 

"Annabeth told Piper that's why she had to hold his hand, to keep him from doing stupid or gross things." Sally shook her head as she flipped the bacon. "Then Percy told Jason that girl's didn't have cooties and that the rumor was false, that I had told him so, so it had to be true." Sally plated the bacon before making even more pancakes. "Those two couldn't care what anyone else thinks, and I've always loved that about them. No matter if the boys teased Percy for spending so much time with a girl or if the girls teased Annabeth because she was friends with a gross boy." 

Paul had a smile on his face as he poured two cups of coffee. "What did Percy do when the boys said little girl's couldn't go somewhere, like say a tree house or something?" He had only been able to see them together for two years before Annabeth had to leave, so there were still plenty of stories. 

"Oh!" Sally lit up as she dived into another story. "Leo had this, almost house, thing that the boys all used as a club. Percy never went inside, because it was a boy's only thing, that meant Jason, Frank, Will, Nico, but no girls. Percy had left as soon as he saw that sign. Because he was always with Annabeth, there was no point of going somewhere if his other half couldn't go too." 

Paul smiled as he heard rustling from blankets from the living room. Someone was waking up. 

Annabeth woke up first, she remembered waking up before hand, that Sally had talked about clothes and that she had said no. But it was fuzzy. But now she woke up completely, she was so warm she didn't want to leave. Annabeth looked where she was, she was on the couch with Percy. He had his arms around her and she was pressed against his chest. 

She sat up and Percy moved, he shifted and tried to pull Annabeth back down to sleep more but Annabeth chuckled and Percy opened one eye to frown. Annabeth smiled at him and he sighed and sat up too. Then Annabeth knew she was back home.